HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #921  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 2:16 AM
linus linus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
With all the talk about SLGA stores, does anyone know what is being built behind the SLGA store on Dewdney Avenue? I believe the address is 4223 Dewdney.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #922  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 8:41 PM
yveseluj's Avatar
yveseluj yveseluj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 347
Have there been any rumours as to what's going in the old Sears spot in the Cornwall yet?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #923  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 9:09 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Have there been any rumours as to what's going in the old Sears spot in the Cornwall yet?
I remember talk of Winners And Homesense and then not sure what else. Rumor also of expanded shoppers with larger grocery section. I would love Goodlife Fitness to take up some space as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #924  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 9:37 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I remember talk of Winners And Homesense and then not sure what else. Rumor also of expanded shoppers with larger grocery section. I would love Goodlife Fitness to take up some space as well.
I understand nothing is imminent.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #925  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 10:39 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,280
I thought I'd heard Marshalls was taking the old Home Outfitters space between Michaels and London Drugs on VicEast/Prince of Wales, but there's been little to no activity in there for over a month. Has anyone heard anything about that space?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #926  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 10:53 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
I thought I'd heard Marshalls was taking the old Home Outfitters space between Michaels and London Drugs on VicEast/Prince of Wales, but there's been little to no activity in there for over a month. Has anyone heard anything about that space?
Still on the site map. These chains have store opening crews. If they are not done the last one, the next one has to wait. It is a big job.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #927  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 1:31 PM
bourbonandbranch bourbonandbranch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
I thought I'd heard Marshalls was taking the old Home Outfitters space between Michaels and London Drugs on VicEast/Prince of Wales, but there's been little to no activity in there for over a month. Has anyone heard anything about that space?

Saw signs up yesterday that Marshalls will be opening April 9th. They took about 2/3 of the old Home Outfitters space. I haven't heard of anyone confirmed for the rest of the space yet
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #928  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 5:30 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Have there been any rumours as to what's going in the old Sears spot in the Cornwall yet?
I'm hoping for a Go-Kart track!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #929  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 11:13 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,280
That's too bad. I was hoping Marshalls had changed their mind. They're the same company as Winners and Homesense so not really bringing anything new. And so continues the Regina retail habit of same old same old.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #930  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 6:15 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,129
Marshalls does try to carry different brands at least, they tend to have higher priced brands, at least the stores in BC do. And they are laid out nicer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #931  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2019, 6:03 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
Any picture updates of the Cornwall Centre renovations?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #932  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 2:35 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Any picture updates of the Cornwall Centre renovations?
I was there last week. It is still in progress. Not much to look at.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #933  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 5:32 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Any picture updates of the Cornwall Centre renovations?
Yeah!



Oh wait sorry, that's just in my dreams.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #934  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 5:38 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Yeah!



Oh wait sorry, that's just in my dreams.
Hahahaha! That just made my day
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #935  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 6:03 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,280
Payless is applying for creditor protection in Canada and will close all locations in Canada this spring. That would be three stores here -- Harbour Landing, Cornwall Centre and SE Regina just off Prince of Wales.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4975274/payless-shoesource-stores-closing-canada/?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #936  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 6:17 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Payless is applying for creditor protection in Canada and will close all locations in Canada this spring. That would be three stores here -- Harbour Landing, Cornwall Centre and SE Regina just off Prince of Wales.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4975274/payless-shoesource-stores-closing-canada/?
Never shopped there and not a surprise really. I’m sure DSW has taken a chunk of their profits.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #937  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 6:38 PM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Payless is applying for creditor protection in Canada and will close all locations in Canada this spring. That would be three stores here -- Harbour Landing, Cornwall Centre and SE Regina just off Prince of Wales.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4975274/payless-shoesource-stores-closing-canada/?
There is a 4th Payless in Regina in the Northgate Mall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #938  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 7:10 PM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Still on the site map. These chains have store opening crews. If they are not done the last one, the next one has to wait. It is a big job.
I looked at this site map when Stormer posted it on February 5th and noticed a few retail spots that are orange, which I assume are available for lease, such as the former Bowring location and the remaining space in the former Home Outfitters. I noticed the small three-unit retail space current occupied by Payless Shoes, Regis Salon, and Paderno Kitchen Store, are all indicating orange as well. So, does this mean that Regis and Paderno are closing soon too?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #939  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 7:34 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I looked at this site map when Stormer posted it on February 5th and noticed a few retail spots that are orange, which I assume are available for lease, such as the former Bowring location and the remaining space in the former Home Outfitters. I noticed the small three-unit retail space current occupied by Payless Shoes, Regis Salon, and Paderno Kitchen Store, are all indicating orange as well. So, does this mean that Regis and Paderno are closing soon too?
Paderno was acquired by Canadian Tire last year. They likely have a new strategy and may be relocating. I believe Regis is a franchise.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #940  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 7:40 PM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 989
Thanks, Stormer.

I'm afraid we are going to see more retail and restaurant closures this year. So many are just barely hanging on. You just have to wonder "who's next?".
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:16 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.