Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13
I think we could maintain both. Re-route the 88 to provide a more direct route down Baseline, with a loop around Baseline (Algonquin) station if need be and create a new route through the campus with a 15 minute frequency.
|
Re-routing the 88 down Baseline would be going in an extreme in the other direction - routing it away from a large portion of its ridership. It would also result in it reducing vehicle lanes at Woodroffe and Baseline - a major point of congestion in the area.
I would keep it on Navaho, but with no diversions. The problem is this is not possible unless Baseline (Algonquin) Station is moved northwards towards Navaho (which is why I'm still talking about this in the Stage 2 thread and not in the Baseline BRT thread).
Here is an update on my map. Yellow is the City's route and stops for #88, blue would be my preferred route and stops. Its even more clear how ridiculous the City's routing is with this map...
- the City (yellow) route would be 1500 m long, have 10 x 90 degree turns, and have 8 signalized intersection (if I'm reading the functional design plans right)... and they only manage to fit in 3 stations.
- My (blue) route would be only 850 m long, have 2 x 90 degree turns, have 4-5 signalized intersections, but I would propose 4 stations.