Could someone tell me what they are doing with this big square hole ? They pull a lot of concrete and steel bars in there. In the old days, they needed to pound many steel beams deep into bed rock. How come they don't need to do that now ? Is this earthquake proof ? Please kindly educate me
Think this may have been mentioned a few days/weeks ago but considering this broke ground around the same time as The Hub, it's progressing pretty slowly.
Think this may have been mentioned a few days/weeks ago but considering this broke ground around the same time as The Hub, it's progressing pretty slowly.
True it was. I wouldn't be surprised if this catches up though.
The last beloved excavator is gone today ! I guess it means no more digging. It is a matter of building higher and higher now.... Since PB is a smaller site than King George Hub, I believe it can catch up to the KGH and can even finish before KGH tower I and II.
It seems there is only one story below grade on the Whalley Ave side. But many stories below grade at the skytrain side. I did not see such a big difference in height between the front and the back sides until they finished digging.