Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane
I think this is right. Family Court was on the Parkway next to the library and is now in East Market. And the other court, whatever it is on North Broad, is also moving in the future, I'm pretty sure. Alterra owns the building I believe. And I can't imagine a scenario in which they would want McDonald's (esp that one) as the ground floor tenant for what will likely become luxury apartments targeted at young professionals.
|
No, no, no! You don't remember the new Family Court built several years ago at the NW corner of 15th & Arch with all the political controversy around the development contracts? That is the purpose-built Family Court facility and you can be sure it's not moving.
As to the UGI Building at Broad and Arch, I believe it's already slated for major rehab, including saying goodbye to the McDonald's. That building houses, among other things, probation/parole offices and at one time also held what was called Community Court (for low level offenses). Community Court was defunded in 2011.