Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman
I don't know how well it would do, but a solo Nordstroms would be awesome, or even a stand alone Topshop. An Apple store would help too.
|
A Nordstrom would do incredibly well. If they opened one in Mapleview right now, people would flock to it in a New York Minute. Heck, if they opened one in the industrial lands ( I know they wouldn't) people would still flock to a Nordstrom. The nearest one is Sherway and a lot of locals from Hamilton go to Sherway just to shop there. It would do wonders, but I can't see that being the first shoe to drop there. Long term I think they would consider it. Short term, I'm sure if Cadillac Fairview came in and purchased City Square, they could get someone like The Bay to come in first and really bring some life into the shopping scene Downtown. Then they could open a top shop, etc. I think Nordstrom and Apple would have to see more growth before committing to opening stores in Downtown Hamilton.