HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12001  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 4:59 AM
MichaelC's Avatar
MichaelC MichaelC is offline
Unregistered User :(
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 143
     
     
  #12002  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 2:55 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
A wee bit much perhaps...
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12003  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 3:19 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
Ice District - I cannot wait for the grocery store in tower B/G. It will start construction this January.








https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1051129815468630017
@ianoyeg
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12004  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 4:30 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Very cool.....
     
     
  #12005  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 4:35 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
Last set from my Stantec Tower tour.








https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1051149041927479296
@ianoyeg
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12006  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 5:38 PM
GeneralLea's Avatar
GeneralLea GeneralLea is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 5,983
Amazing updates as always.
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
     
     
  #12007  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 5:50 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Amazing photos! I'm jealous even though my vertigo would have me spinning if I were there in the flesh. I'll live vicariously through your pictures instead.

I'm really curious about what looks like a school bus dumping ground in this picture. Is this the RAM's solution for off-site parking for school groups?
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #12008  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 6:27 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12009  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 6:31 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Slag at RAM withdrawn.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #12010  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 8:11 PM
EdmTrekker EdmTrekker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
They want to get the parkade/structure going and then it will be market determined.
Why would the City allow that? They could build an above grade parkade ... maybe ... and just stop there. Or maybe a floor of retail and stop. Maybe 10 floors and thats it. Is the City approving "maybe" developments? Why bother to approve then. Why should the City and other utility providers be forced to size up connections and services for a large project that might never happen. The City needs to secure ALL "our" costs upfront from the developer from the get go to ensure taxpayers are not be sucked dry for a development that is delayed, changed etc.
     
     
  #12011  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 8:26 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
Footing/foundation permits are often issued to get things going.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12012  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 8:46 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Footing/foundation permits are often issued to get things going.
Sequential permits aren't atypical and typically issued with a fulsome or near-fulsome overall design in place, but you don't typically start building a foundation and associated building elements without having a sense of what will be built above.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #12013  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 8:46 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
www.notbuyingitforamoment.com
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #12014  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 10:00 PM
Swore Swore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Ice District - I cannot wait for the grocery store in tower B/G. It will start construction this January.








https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1051129815468630017
@ianoyeg
Confirmed that the grocery store will start construction in Tower B/G in January? What about the rest of the tower?
     
     
  #12015  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 1:43 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
All of it.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12016  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 1:50 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #12017  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 2:35 AM
CMD UW's Avatar
CMD UW CMD UW is offline
Urbis Maximus
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 12,009
Great photos. The plaza is starting to shape up nicely.
__________________
"Call me sir, goddammit!"
     
     
  #12018  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 5:35 AM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
Hey Ian, just curious if you've ever heard of plans to demo/redevelop the TD Bank Building at the corner of Jasper and 100th Street? This building is in need of an exterior refresh IMO.
     
     
  #12019  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 10:37 PM
MichaelC's Avatar
MichaelC MichaelC is offline
Unregistered User :(
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
All of it.
Will the tower get a different design then the most recent?
     
     
  #12020  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 1:25 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
Hey Ian, just curious if you've ever heard of plans to demo/redevelop the TD Bank Building at the corner of Jasper and 100th Street? This building is in need of an exterior refresh IMO.
Negative.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:28 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.