HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #11281  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:19 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127

@chrisbuyze
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #11282  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:22 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127

@uptown_one
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #11283  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:30 PM
GeneralLea's Avatar
GeneralLea GeneralLea is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 5,979
Great updates! I was thinking of retail frontages, but I don't know much at all about Edmonton so I can't say much on the subject.
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
     
     
  #11284  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 3:37 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomad View Post
the now:



the new:



a white paint job wouldn't be the worst idea for that bunker, brighten things up..
as for the other materials, too early to tell from that render, but the other projects on strategic's site look ok, so I'm cautiously optimistic

I don't mind the scale of the smaller building, it's a good transition down to the old bank building on jasper, but there's no reason for it to ape the big one too much, maybe invert the color/material scheme for variety?

regardless, good to see some reuse, rather than replacement
It will brighten up the area, but in terms of materials...well, I guess we will have to wait and see.
     
     
  #11285  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 3:54 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127
Orange -u/c
Green -new parks
Blue - proposed
Purple - rumoured/future


@ianoyeg
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #11286  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:05 PM
s4.audios's Avatar
s4.audios s4.audios is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,320
What's happening to the buildings beside Augustana?
     
     
  #11287  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:14 PM
EdmTrekker EdmTrekker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios View Post
What's happening to the buildings beside Augustana?
I have the same question.
     
     
  #11288  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:14 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127
100ave the top 1/2 of the office tower is converting to residential.

*should clarify - the lot between 100ave conversion and Augustana is not u/c and is remaining office. Odd angles create odd perception of projects.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Last edited by Coldrsx; Aug 1, 2018 at 4:28 PM.
     
     
  #11289  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:19 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127
A not so old reminder of what was going to be prior to Encore:

__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #11290  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:23 PM
EdmTrekker EdmTrekker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,247
     
     
  #11291  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:26 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
A not so old reminder of what was going to be prior to Encore:

Are you trying to trigger? Because I'm being triggered
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #11292  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:28 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127
Dodged a bullet with that one.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #11293  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:29 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
*should clarify - the lot between 100ave conversion and Augustana is not u/c and is remaining office. Odd angles create odd perception of projects.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #11294  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 4:34 PM
EdmTrekker EdmTrekker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
*should clarify - the lot between 100ave conversion and Augustana is not u/c and is remaining office. Odd angles create odd perception of projects.
So the L snapped building on 100th Ave is being converted - is it the top half of both sides of the L or just the north OR west facing side per this google map.??

Also you may want to edit that map you provided - its a great map of whats happening "now" to current knowledge so it should be pinned if possible here or on C2E?

https://www.google.ca/maps/@53.5385252,-113.507403,220a,35y,90h,44.97t/data=!3m1!1e3
     
     
  #11295  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 6:16 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_foster View Post
Are you trying to trigger? Because I'm being triggered

lol....My eyes!
     
     
  #11296  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 6:42 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomad View Post
the now:



the new:



a white paint job wouldn't be the worst idea for that bunker, brighten things up..
as for the other materials, too early to tell from that render, but the other projects on strategic's site look ok, so I'm cautiously optimistic

I don't mind the scale of the smaller building, it's a good transition down to the old bank building on jasper, but there's no reason for it to ape the big one too much, maybe invert the color/material scheme for variety?

regardless, good to see some reuse, rather than replacement
The suburban-style tack-on at the left is totally tragic, unless you want a sleepy, small town look downtown?

All this hope and cautious optimism on the forum.... that's played out well so far for the city, hasn't it.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #11297  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 6:43 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,127

@wblockglenora
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #11298  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 7:45 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
No one should ever release sketchup drawings. They always look horrible.
__________________
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
     
     
  #11299  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 8:16 PM
mintzilla mintzilla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on a boat
Posts: 742
^^ I wish I could afford a unit in westblock. The location and the suites are amazing
__________________
Beuno
     
     
  #11300  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 10:51 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_foster View Post
No one should ever release sketchup drawings. They always look horrible.
And yet its usually the most you'll ever get out of Edmonton's cadre of "architects".
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:02 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.