Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy
Downtown Vancouver can be plenty scary to walk around at night. Of course rrskyler wouldn't notice that because many of the drugged out zombies are non-aboriginal.
|
Stop that 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵. I've said it before, and I'm surprised others didn't.
Whatever political differences you have don't license you to accusing everyone you disagree with as racist. Not only is it a bad look on you, but it's potentially damaging to the accused these modern times.
The race card is powerful, use it more responsibly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando
Wow, this shocking coming from you. All of the businesses on each corner are in favour of it so I assume they have done the numbers.
|
Numbers are vague... it's a long play that depends on attaining a critical mass that offsets a % loss in underground traffic with an overall # gain.
Furthermore, it might be slightly political... all landlords are prominent in the city, and it wouldn't be wise to be counterproductive to Wpg's growth in the public eye.
That said, I do feel they're being genuine when they support the opening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking
^ another option would be to just let people cross the street like they do everywhere else.
I crossed at Broadway and Main today. Struck me how ridiculous this entire debate is. Almost the same conditions yet it’s totally normal to just walk across. No multi-million dollar sky bridge needed. The sky doesn’t fall.
|
I don't believe you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller
Winnipeg has some of the worst drivers around. Its probably the only place I've driven in this country where turning on your indicator means the car that is supposed to let you in, speeds up
I especially noticed it the second time i moved here
|
This city is comical... If you drive 5-10 over the limit you grossly offend anyone, and changing lanes because one is ending is "aggressive"... not like those people refusing to let you in and run you into a parked car