Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa
Does Toronto run the street car out to the suburbs? Or does Toronto use LRT and subways for longer distance travels, and metro rail for exurbs and regional ???
hmmmm
streetcars are great for urban built up areas, not so much as a longer distance solution....
|
Having biked all the way beside the "street car" from MW Town Center to elevated portion going into Wagner, I would hardly car it a street car.
I don't know how that portion isn't basically equivalent to the SLRT, unless it doesn't have priority signaling (there aren't even that many intersections).
Once is gets to Avonmore (north of Argyll), yes it turns into a street car style for about 1/4-1/3 of the total distance (North Avonmore to Strathearn).
In my view this line is a combination of a suburban and street-car, which I think could have been a better compromise had the Avonmore to Holyrood portion been better handled.