Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mackinnon
That's not exactly what the changes in (greater) Vancouver's demograpics and wealth distributions tell me.
Would you say that the money has changed directions into commerical properties recently, or has that always been a thing?
|
I would not know anything about the demographics or wealth distribution. Oddly, I only seem to work on files that had investors from India so I'm more familiar with them.
I grew up and now work in Burnaby and
I absolutely love immigrants but I can see there is something going on.
Couple weeks ago I had a Croatian lady come into my office and told me she sold her house in the mid nineties for $750K CASH(!!!) to a Chinese guy. The guy just walked up to her door when her home could not sell and offered it to her.
IMHO, immigrants from investor programs don't do that. Gangsters do.
As for commercial properties, prices are just stupid now. Especially since the 15% PT tax
Full discloser: Im from an immigrant family, married into another, and earn about 95% of my income from immigrant families.