Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion
Huh? I think Vancouver is fucked. When I say collapse I mean collapse of a healthy economy - something that is well underway already. Housing prices will go down, but only because people won't want to live in the jobless hellscape left by the bubble popping.
I'm cashing out of the country ASAP, at considerable personal expense. And I was one of the first people on this site ringing the alarm bells at a time when showing any concern led to accusations of racism and moderator warnings.
|
We are definitely trapped in a positive feedback loop.
Its even affecting the very industries benefiting from this - construction.
Trades are desperate for people, with boomers retiring in large numbers, and very few new entrants.
Couple that with the fact that $25/hr starting wage basically puts you in poverty in Van.
Its a crazy situation. The scary thing is that its not something that will be resolved by a policy tweak, or two.
This is a society altering issue, and its rather scary for the future of our region.