Posted Apr 3, 2018, 11:15 PM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,792
|
|
I doubt the alley south or Robson could be diverted - as it's the loading alley for the Orpheum and Commodore Ballroom. Big trucks may need access.
I also recall that the diversion of the alley north of Robson (caused by Vancouver Centre/Scotia Tower) hindered the redevelopment of the Best Buy/Winners site because a potential hotel could not easily accommodate tour buses through the alley. It's conceivable that the reconfiguring of that alley for Vancouver Centre II creates a configuration that is more workable for the redevelopment of the Best Buy/Winners site for a hotel or office building.
Both sides of Granville - as Changing City has mentioned - is height limited by the view cone from the middle of Granville Bridge.
I wouldn't rule out the site north of The Capitol.
|