Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1
I don't think there were ever two of the green outline buildings planned. The building was put up by the old First National Bank of Dallas and eventually wound up in the hands of B of A. I think it went up in around the time of the 1980s energy bust that left Texas banks in bad shape and needing rescue. I am sure other Dallas folks (I live in Austin) can tell you more about any plans for a super tall on the horizon. Seems like there are always plans for a super tall in Dallas, but things have a way of not happening. I believe one was announced about a year or so ago. In defense of downtown Dallas, a lot of the old abandoned high rises have been re-purposed. There are now several thousand people living downtown and it is generally a much nicer place than it was just a few years ago. The area immediately adjacent to the north is booming, and there is suddenly a lot of development happening to the east of downtown and across the river from downtown.
|
The Bank of America Plaza was actually originally going to be a twin tower project but unfortunately the second tower was cancelled. There was also going to be a couple of floors on top to "Pyramid" the roof. The outline of the tower was to be of gold coloring instead of green. For fun, the link below can provide additional information.
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/busi...-with-a-storied-past-to-match-its-height
I do not believe there are any plans to build the twin tower, but I sure would hope to see that. Fun Fact: Cityplace tower, Fountain Place and Bank of America were all proposed to have a twin tower. None completed. Dallas would have been a city of twins. Cheers!