Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00
Has any though been given to how a PC government could impact Stage 2?
I am a little concerned that Ford might prove as short-sighted as Hudak on this one.
There's a tendency for some Toronto-originating politicians to think that only the GTA really needs higher-order transit.
|
As 1overcosc mentioned, I don't think stage 2 is at risk. The contract will be awarded this year, with construction set to start in early 2019. Canceling it could cost taxpayers tens if not hundreds of millions. I would not oppose however, the PCs or a Mayoral candidate propose cancelling stage 2 of Trillium in order to either extend to Kanata (Conservative base) or double track and electrify Trillium (logic). But I don't think the PCs give a 🞵🞵🞵🞵 and Watson will probably win the election.
Stage 3 won't be on the table until next election.
What is at risk if the PCs take control of Queen's Park is the new Civic, the CHEO expansion, energy efficiency funding for our post-secondary institutions and possibly French services and health care in general.
In terms of the Civic, I don't think it's a huge deal. We're years away still. They can continue to work on the project and finalize the plans just before next election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00
I wish somebody could pin down Ford or other PC leadership to get it on record whether they actually support Stage 2.
|
That's what I've been waiting for. CTV Ottawa interviewed Ford twice and only pressed on issues for which we already know his position (such as the carbon tax). Terrible journalism. They did the same with the other PC candidates.