Via FB. We now know more of what's going into one part of the expansion. A few downtown stores are opening there. Yellowbelly Brewery and Public House (it also has Yellowbelly Takeaway downtown) will be there, not sure if it's just a bar or has the kitchen part too. Newfoundland Chocolate Company. The Heritage Shop - and then mainstream brands.
The provincial government is getting heavy on ensuring all possible entry points to the province give people a strong sense of place and easy links to "wayfinding" lol, and the majority of all visitors to the province come through YYT, so I expect more of the additions will also be local.
So the expansion is basically extending the main floor and adding a... third, I guess? It was already two high in the back.
So this area will go up another floor (pics via FB):
This front part I believe stays the same, and the added floor is above where the rooms begin on the right side:
Back to Ottawa- now at St. John's airport by
shankar s., on Flickr
And here is how it looks with the expansion almost complete in this section of the back. So here I think almost the entire top floor is new:
This is how it was:
20160524 110 AC 697 YYT St Johns International by
Scott Martyn, on Flickr
St. John's Airport, Newfoundland by
Joseph Hollick, on Flickr