Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineN
That’s exactly how I’d put it too. It’s ironic because as a leaf fan I’m used to years of losing and disappointment and now that the Leafs have a good young promising team I’m not out there bragging about them all the time and I notice a lot of other leaf fans aren’t either, even though I easily could do so. Too much disappointment over the years I guess.
What's ironic is that the media especially Hockey night in Canada was always played up the Leafs, no matter how bad they were. These days they are a legitimate good young team, and the media hasn't really played them up, which is fine by me (also a Leafs fan). I'd rather they didn't get the credit they deserve, and let them fly under the radar.
|
I find that they are even worse in the Leafs boosterism, every time I turn on TSN or Sportsnet they won't shut up about them. Today is one of the first times I've gone to the TSN website and the top 5 stories in the NHL section aren't all Leafs lol.