HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6881  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 2:03 PM
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTAisSmarta View Post
Yeah, I don't see this as all doom and gloom that some people are making it out to be. They are saying they're redesigning to add smaller units at a lower price point because their research suggests there is demand there.
The Lead Agent that left the Opus Team is the Top Condo Agent in Atlanta for like the past decade. For her to leave is very telling. I can't see any other way to spin it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6882  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 2:08 PM
jpk1292000 jpk1292000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The Lead Agent that left the Opus Team is the Top Condo Agent in Atlanta for like the past decade. For her to leave is very telling. I can't see any other way to spin it.
Agreed
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6883  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 2:18 PM
MARTAisSmarta MARTAisSmarta is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The Lead Agent that left the Opus Team is the Top Condo Agent in Atlanta for like the past decade. For her to leave is very telling. I can't see any other way to spin it.
I meant more in the redesign of floor plans.

But even for this there are two ways to interpret it, either she's suddenly struggling to make sales happen, or she's telling the truth when she says “I am proud to have shepherded the project in its early phases and leave it with strong sales and stellar branding.” and she is simply moving to the next project.

I'm neutral on this news and the project feasibility as a whole, but I'm still hopeful.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6884  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 3:02 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
I forget if the GA Power O4W site plan was included here, so here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Jm3FGYQ0WwVWszcnNidVFNeW5yT2VaQTZ0RUdkUHBPaEFz/view
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6885  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 3:52 PM
(four 0 four)'s Avatar
(four 0 four) (four 0 four) is offline
i ain't no bubba
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The Lead Agent that left the Opus Team is the Top Condo Agent in Atlanta for like the past decade. For her to leave is very telling. I can't see any other way to spin it.
While it may not be great news, it also may not all be doom and gloom. If I was the developer, I would want my agent focused on my property and not skipping around the city selling other condos.

From the ABC article:

Quote:
“As we transition into this next phase of selling, we felt it prudent to have a team of sales agents that were dedicated 100 percent to selling only Opus Place,” Torgler Lynch said.
__________________
"I hate small towns because once you've seen the cannon in the park, there's nothing else to do." Lenny Bruce
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6886  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 4:47 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum View Post
Are there plans to develop the last surface lot at Tech Square?
Man I wish! I haven't seen anything though and I'm a bit torn on what I'd like to see there myself. A mirror of the northwest portion of the intersection would be awesome, but with offices, retail including a watering hole, and apartments/condos as the taller building. The taller building I'd also like to see it taller than SQ5 for everlasting views of the campus and this part of Midtown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6887  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 4:48 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,637
When did they add a pedestrian scramble to 5th and spring?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6888  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 5:49 PM
Triptychtwo Triptychtwo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
When did they add a pedestrian scramble to 5th and spring?
Three weeks ago.

Other than the GT cop yelling incessantly at people who tried to cross 5th while the spring light was green (been doing it for years), it's been a nice addition.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6889  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 6:39 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Man I wish! I haven't seen anything though and I'm a bit torn on what I'd like to see there myself. A mirror of the northwest portion of the intersection would be awesome, but with offices, retail including a watering hole, and apartments/condos as the taller building. The taller building I'd also like to see it taller than SQ5 for everlasting views of the campus and this part of Midtown.
I know it will never happen, but this would be a great space for a small park that doubles as stormwater infrastructure. Midtown is swiftly running out of lots that could be green space. Piedmont Park is great, but it doesn't adequately serve the western part of Midtown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6890  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 7:19 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,637


New render of the Juniper Street redesign. I can't wait for this to get built. Will greatly improve this street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6891  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 7:45 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 2,623
^Amazing project, and yet MARTA just applied for a Federal grant to put a dedicated lane on Juniper for BRT. Completely incompatible with this existing, funded project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6892  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 9:11 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,637
Midtown Alliance also has an RFP out for improving 5th street between Williams and Myrtle. Construction Plans here: https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/docs/f-atlanta,-5th-street-nenw-bike-lanes-40914.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6893  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 9:43 PM
MARTAisSmarta MARTAisSmarta is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^Amazing project, and yet MARTA just applied for a Federal grant to put a dedicated lane on Juniper for BRT. Completely incompatible with this existing, funded project.
Hopefully BRT on Juniper gets killed and not the complete street project. There's no need to put a BRT line south from Midtown when when there are plans to add light rail at the Beltline and down Peachtree. We need more east/west connectivity, so funding should be prioritized for the North Ave line, and one at 10th/14th/17th extending between Northside and the Beltline so you can capture an entire area and make every part of it easily walkable.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6894  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 3:52 AM
ATL_Shin ATL_Shin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum View Post
Are there plans to develop the last surface lot at Tech Square?
Long time follower, first time poster (Hi!) but the rumor before I graduated in May was that the new home of the IE program was gonna be built on that lot for its proximity to Scheller and the startups/business incubators. They've just renovated the main portion of the IE building on campus though, so that might not actually come to pass.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6895  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 1:21 PM
bigstick's Avatar
bigstick bigstick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 30327
Posts: 1,981
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6896  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 2:01 PM
Libertarian's Avatar
Libertarian Libertarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,430
BRT on Juniper would be totally unreasonable. I like the idea of BRT continuing from the Capitol/Georgia State corridor all the way up to the Arts Center Marta, but in midtown it needs to route over to West Peach northbound and Spring southbound. That would pick up far more residents and workers also. It's no problem and healthy to walk west for 2 or 3 streets to catch a BRT.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6897  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 2:07 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Wish this was a new proposal or at least some new info. And no mention of 1125 Peachtree
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6898  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 2:21 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
BRT on Juniper would be totally unreasonable. I like the idea of BRT continuing from the Capitol/Georgia State corridor all the way up to the Arts Center Marta, but in midtown it needs to route over to West Peach northbound and Spring southbound. That would pick up far more residents and workers also. It's no problem and healthy to walk west for 2 or 3 streets to catch a BRT.
But W.Peachtree/Spring would duplicate the existing MARTA rail. I think there's already good north/south transit in Midtown thanks to the red and gold lines and the bus on Peachtree Street. Just seems like really the wrong neighborhood to put BRT in.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6899  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 3:55 PM
Libertarian's Avatar
Libertarian Libertarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,430
Hopefully adding BRT to Marta in the corridor is an additional option and not zero sum on ridership. How about north on Piedmont and south on Peachtree St? That minimizes the impact on car commuters coming from from areas inconvenient to Marta, which is still substantial, while preserving the incipient Juniper improvements which we all appreciate. The south loop could then switch over to Courtland on Ralph McGill.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6900  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 4:03 PM
Street Advocate Street Advocate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
But W.Peachtree/Spring would duplicate the existing MARTA rail. I think there's already good north/south transit in Midtown thanks to the red and gold lines and the bus on Peachtree Street. Just seems like really the wrong neighborhood to put BRT in.
Yeah most of Midtown is within 1/2 mile walk to a HRT station. That's pretty great service, actually. Historic Midtown is further though. I think this could be a fantastic long term BRT line though IF the line is extended much further south (Lakewood) and north (ignore Arts Center, go up past Piedmont Park and continue up Piedmont past Morningside, Lindbergh, and Buckhead up to Roswell Road OR take a left on Peachtree and head all the way back down to Arts Center).

Boulevard and/or Moreland up to and along Ralph McGill (to ~Joseph E Lowery) or North Ave (could go all the way to the chattahoochee on Donald Lee Hollowell or Jackson James Parkway!) would also make great long term BRT Routes servicing more frequent headways to a wider service area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:25 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.