HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #11781  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 3:41 AM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is online now
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
I was trying to find pics of the Rona in Edmonton with a cemetary in the parking lot but came accross Toronto’s Price Chopper instead :





The lowest prices or you’re dead!


Since I was a kid, I have been put off by the name "Price Chopper'. Chopper sounds so....I dunno, horrible? Something that induces dread...so what if the prices are cheaper, the butcher may just chop you in two with his cleaver, if you dare ask for a price match. Then you end up in that secret graveyard (or rendered into dinty moore stew).
     
     
  #11782  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 4:09 AM
Loco101's Avatar
Loco101 Loco101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Timmins, Northern Ontario
Posts: 9,030
You've got to warn them! Price Chopper meat is people!!!
     
     
  #11783  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 6:54 AM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post


Since I was a kid, I have been put off by the name "Price Chopper'. Chopper sounds so....I dunno, horrible? Something that induces dread...so what if the prices are cheaper, the butcher may just chop you in two with his cleaver, if you dare ask for a price match. Then you end up in that secret graveyard (or rendered into dinty moore stew).
     
     
  #11784  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 7:05 AM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
You've got to warn them! Price Chopper meat is people!!!
     
     
  #11785  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post


Since I was a kid, I have been put off by the name "Price Chopper'. Chopper sounds so....I dunno, horrible? Something that induces dread...so what if the prices are cheaper, the butcher may just chop you in two with his cleaver, if you dare ask for a price match. Then you end up in that secret graveyard (or rendered into dinty moore stew).
LOL. Me too. It was still better than ubiquitous Freshco renaming by Sobeys.

**Edit
I was wondering if this was the last location. Apparently still three left.
http://ontario.pricechopper.ca/wp-content/uploads/pc_storelocator_current.pdf
     
     
  #11786  
Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 4:48 PM
niwell's Avatar
niwell niwell is online now
sick transit, gloria
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roncesvalles, Toronto
Posts: 11,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Bing?!? But yes that looks like the spot. Maybe I can google streetview it later.
Alt-right types only use bing. It's part of a long tradition of doing incredibly stupid things such as smashing keurigs and ordering starbucks with "Trump" on the cup. You know, to own the libs.

I only wish I was joking...
     
     
  #11787  
Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 5:11 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
Alt-right types only use bing. It's part of a long tradition of doing incredibly stupid things such as smashing keurigs and ordering starbucks with "Trump" on the cup. You know, to own the libs.

I only wish I was joking...
Interesting. Do they also use Microsoft Zunes and Crackberries?
     
     
  #11788  
Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 5:24 PM
Rollerstud98 Rollerstud98 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Interesting. Do they also use Microsoft Zunes and Crackberries?
I wish the Z30's had been better for Blackberry, so much better than the — iphone I have from work now. It was nice not having all the — advertisements in all the apps that you get bombarded with on iphones
     
     
  #11789  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 2:38 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is online now
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post


Since I was a kid, I have been put off by the name "Price Chopper'. Chopper sounds so....I dunno, horrible? Something that induces dread...so what if the prices are cheaper, the butcher may just chop you in two with his cleaver, if you dare ask for a price match. Then you end up in that secret graveyard (or rendered into dinty moore stew).
Oh wow. Me too. I swear sometimes you could be my (evil ) twin!

(Or maybe I could be your evil twin?)
     
     
  #11790  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 3:12 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,367
The oddest (and yet perhaps the most appropriate) name for a grocery store chain as far as I'm concerned is Overwaitea
     
     
  #11791  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 3:19 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
When I lived in D.C., I often shopped for groceries at a supermarket called Harris Teeter. I always liked that.

Of course, Piggly Wiggly is all-time champ, istm.
     
     
  #11792  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 4:04 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
There's no limits to crazy — names when it comes to south if the border.
     
     
  #11793  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 4:11 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,282
I still get a kick out of Loblaws.

     
     
  #11794  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:10 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,282
     
     
  #11795  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:16 PM
Jaws Jaws is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Quebec fucks the west again!
     
     
  #11796  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:19 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is online now
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Quebec fucks the west again!
Wait till you see what we have in store for you next!
     
     
  #11797  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:28 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,282
     
     
  #11798  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:46 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is online now
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,751
Anyone ever been to the part of the Waste Island known as À-Ma-Baie? It is very crappy on numerous levels. Known as the Ghetto of the Waste Island. Not a good place to linger after dark.

the old saying was to "stay away from amabaie"

https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!...h&imagekey=!1e2!2skQfLMZoU8X3pUl_jN-bRxg

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5011638,-...humbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&dcr=0

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.502315,-7...humbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&dcr=0

• Video Link


À-Ma-Baie is in the upper corner of the map. A strange enclave of the former city of Pierrefonds,



À Montréal: un îlot de pauvreté au milieu de la richesse


not too far off is Rue Maisonneuve in Dollard-des-Ormeaux, which is where we used to go to buy pot and other substances. It is soul-suckingly —, especially in Winter.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.4968594,-...humbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&dcr=0

Last edited by MolsonExport; Jan 2, 2018 at 6:14 PM.
     
     
  #11799  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 5:55 PM
GeneralLea's Avatar
GeneralLea GeneralLea is online now
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 5,983
The SFH right near that area is generic as hell, reminds me of Mississauga.....bleugh:
https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!...h&imagekey=!1e2!2skQfLMZoU8X3pUl_jN-bRxg
     
     
  #11800  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2018, 6:33 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,282
Looks like an exciting place!

https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!...h&imagekey=!1e2!2skQfLMZoU8X3pUl_jN-bRxg

Why look there's a Billiard hall and a brasserie.

And look at this new building for sale by Mimi:

https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!...h&imagekey=!1e2!2skQfLMZoU8X3pUl_jN-bRxg

Edit: Any streetview link in that section of Gabe seems to only take you to that same view of the park. Weird. It’s so — streetview doesn't even want to show it.

Last edited by O-tacular; Jan 2, 2018 at 7:01 PM.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:32 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.