Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt
I was talking with my father about civic issues a while ago while I was visiting the folks in BC, He is a retired attorney and recalled that the city of Edmonton has had a bit of a storied history of corruption, and that Edmonton had a "wild west" mentality when it came to regulations and such. Based on my experiences with the city I can believe it.
|
I could see it. Edmonton has a storied (but very interesting) history and just taking a drive around certain cluster 🞵🞵🞵🞵 areas will indicate to one that something went very wrong once upon a time.
The city's errors will always be scarred in the urban fabric, but there's a ton of opportunity to get some things right and to move past some of the mediocrity Edmonton has had to put up with for years. The city has come a long way, but there's so much more work to do its daunting.