Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg
I mean the prestige in terms of what the streets represent here, not the sound of them without Winnipeg context. But that's definitely a good point about not being able to get to Graham by car. So is there no street entrances on Graham into Tower 2? That would be a monumental failure, and huge oversight (or willful mistake) on the part of the city if that were allowed to happen.
|
Well, you're right... Graham is a known address and it
should eventually be a busy corridor.
Regarding access, it's not about entrances... I think it's "bus only" until Carlton, hence the Carlton address. I'm not sure how hard TNS lobbied with transit to push the "bus-only" zone back to Hargrave or if they even bothered... They still would have no eastern access on a two way street which would be confusing. But maybe transit blocked them.
A Carlton access point is awkward, but a better choice than Hargrave which is narrower, has less parking, is in between "bus-only" strips, etc...