HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #10101  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 4:11 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,751
"Nutrition" Facts
Tim Hortons (Canada) - Extra Large, Triple Cream, Triple Sugar

Servings:

Calories 420 Sodium 90 mg
Total Fat 21 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 14 g Total Carbs 9 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 9 g
Trans 1 g Protein 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 18% Calcium 18%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
     
     
  #10102  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 4:13 PM
hipster duck's Avatar
hipster duck hipster duck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
I can't even stomach a double-double, much less a triple-triple... Haven't been to a Tim's since having to go to Northern Ontario for work but usually went for a "large half milk, half sugar". Even then it was too sweet.

I also think that people have no clue how bad the drinks are due to the massive amounts of cream and sugar they put in. "Coffee is zero calories, right?"... A large triple-triple clocks in at a whopping 396 calories!!! Which for references is almost TWICE what a latte from Starbucks is. Even a large double-double is over 300 calories... And people tend to have a few of these each day.
I think Tim Horton's coffee is meant to be served with cream and sugar because, on its own, it tastes rancid. I'm not sure if this is a reflection of Tim's bad quality or whether the sour, off-putting taste is a deliberate move to get people to drink the stuff with cream and sugar by default and get hooked in the process.

Actually, one of the reasons why Tim's might be especially popular with Asian immigrants is because, in many East and Southeast Asian countries, coffee is essentially undrinkable without adding tons of sugar and milk/cream. Think about Vietnamese coffee, for example.
     
     
  #10103  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 4:15 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,751
Would you have realized that a large, double-double Tim Hortons coffee (with cream) has more calories, fat and sugar than a Mars bar?


toronto sun
     
     
  #10104  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 5:18 PM
lio45 lio45 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 44,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
I've heard people order "triple triple" at Timmies before and I've always wondered how common it is.
Well, that's certainly an economical meal... ~500 calories for under two bucks, right?
     
     
  #10105  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 5:24 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
We shall see how these actually turn out, but I can't say I find these renderings very ugly.
It just reminds me of this:



Plus I find it very busy with all the different patterns and massing going on. The name is about as douchey as it gets too.
     
     
  #10106  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 5:30 PM
lio45 lio45 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 44,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
I prefer Pinhead's Cenobyte maze on Young and Rich:[/IMG]
There's actually a "Young and Rich" intersection somewhere? Cool though this project is a bit lacking for it... doesn't measure up to the name!
     
     
  #10107  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 5:30 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,287
Some oldies are up on the Tumblr page for anyone interested. https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com/

Here's a continuation of Clockmageddon:

     
     
  #10108  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 5:32 PM
lio45 lio45 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Quebec
Posts: 44,901
Are you guys also getting coffee ads in this thread now? I am
     
     
  #10109  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 5:37 PM
Rollerstud98 Rollerstud98 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,820
Lobsters and blood for me
     
     
  #10110  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 8:31 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,287
One of the grimmest looking areas in Calgary: Across Macleod Tr. from Chinook Centre. They've begun doing some improvements leading up to it from the train station recently but this stuff to the north isn't going anywhere any time soon unfortunately.



The infamous Furniture Extreme from another angle:

     
     
  #10111  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 9:26 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Some oldies are up on the Tumblr page for anyone interested. https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com/

Here's a continuation of Clockmageddon:



Love the hammer of Laval.
     
     
  #10112  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 11:54 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
One of my wife's family members has several triple-triples every day. With the ensuing side effects that you might expect.
Coffee is best drank much like a nice whisky; neat (black), or with just a touch of water (cream) to take the edge off.

I'm convinced anyone who drinks a double-double or higher actually don't like coffee.
     
     
  #10113  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 12:28 AM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Coffee is best drank much like a nice whisky; neat (black), or with just a touch of water (cream) to take the edge off.

I'm convinced anyone who drinks a double-double or higher actually don't like coffee.
Sorry, no. Whisky (or at least Scotch) is best drunk with a wee splash of spring water, to open up the flavours (try it, first neat and then with the splash to see the difference it makes). I tend to agree about the not liking coffee - I suspect that many members of Timmies nation, especially older folk, still use instant coffee at home.
     
     
  #10114  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 12:50 AM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
It's the younger folk. Coffee replaced smoking in many school circles and they have continued to drink it the same way through adulthood.
     
     
  #10115  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 2:26 AM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Sorry, no. Whisky (or at least Scotch) is best drunk with a wee splash of spring water, to open up the flavours (try it, first neat and then with the splash to see the difference it makes). I tend to agree about the not liking coffee - I suspect that many members of Timmies nation, especially older folk, still use instant coffee at home.
Shhh, the analogy doesn't work with opening up flavours, since cream doesn't really do much to bring out the flavour of coffee.

I started drinking coffee through Tim Hortons French Vanilla (ie sugar in a glass), then through half and half coffee/hot chocolate, double double, and then either black or one cream. I can stomach a coffee with too much cream or milk, even if it doesn't really taste like coffee anymore. However sugar in coffee is a big no no for me. I'd rather drink my own piss than drink coffee with sugar in it (legit, the sweetness from the sugar, even half a pack, is too much for me)
     
     
  #10116  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 5:52 AM
Loco101's Avatar
Loco101 Loco101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Timmins, Northern Ontario
Posts: 9,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
One of my wife's family members has several triple-triples every day. With the ensuing side effects that you might expect.
I will sometimes hear people at Tim's locations in Timmins ordering a large or extra large 4x4 (four by four) as well as the modest triple-triples!

There really needs to be a thread on here just about Tim Hortons. Or is there one already? Some of Tim's products over the years have been just horrible in my opinion and amazing that anybody at company actually approved the products including the hot smoothie, "lasagna" , garden veggie sandwich, and many more.
     
     
  #10117  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:10 AM
OutOfTowner OutOfTowner is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: MTL
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Would you have realized that a large, double-double Tim Hortons coffee (with cream) has more calories, fat and sugar than a Mars bar?


toronto sun
Tim Horton's —, it always has. Problem is, try driving around rural Canada and finding a 'coffee' anywhere else after 6pm.. they've driven any interesting 24hr local diner out of business a long time ago.
The McDonald's of 'coffee'.
National disgrace that has somehow marketed its way into National Symbol status (owned by a Brazilian hedge fund lol!).
Tim Horrible's —.
People who frequent their miserable little outposts don't give a — about coffee, they just want their bucket of sugar/fat/salt, just like McDo fans.
Tim Horrible's —!
     
     
  #10118  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 11:10 AM
north 42's Avatar
north 42 north 42 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario/Colchester, Ontario
Posts: 5,935
I like my coffee served in different ways, depending on my mood. Sometimes an espresso, sometimes black, sometimes with cream and sugar and sometimes just a plain sugar free latte. I also could care less what other people think about how I drink my coffee and could care less as to what they like or where that go for theirs. Coffee snobbery is so annoying and pretentious, and that's not my thing!
     
     
  #10119  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 12:35 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
There really needs to be a thread on here just about Tim Hortons. Or is there one already? Some of Tim's products over the years have been just horrible in my opinion and amazing that anybody at company actually approved the products including the hot smoothie, "lasagna" , garden veggie sandwich, and many more.
I try to avoid it, but this mornings Canada 150 Roll Up the Rim was too much for me. Now I'm sipping on some god awful coffee in hopes of winning something, anything.
     
     
  #10120  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 1:07 PM
Patapouf26 Patapouf26 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Moncton
Posts: 172
I believe I posted a link to this one last year.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.0926019,-...w%3D203.641%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100

But I wanted to post a couple pictures of this faux-château hotel we have in Moncton. Disgusting design and the cheap paneling (meant to look like stucco?) is horrid.




Screen captures from Google Maps.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:58 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.