Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios
See that number needs to drop somehow imo. I totally get that you have to pay more the more central you are, and understandably so. But that difference in price is just too large and why sprawl will continue to forever win.
240, affordable housing in undesired neighborhoods is true, but they are undesired. Making them cleaner, safer, and taking away negative perception will result in jacked up prices. So you're still stuck losing.
Also, I haven't shopped around so could be very wrong here but, my parent's hood Inglewood which is fairly central but arguably the outskirts of "central". New infill goes goes for about $450K more or less. Don't think I've ever heard of anything new close to $300K, and it is not that central. Edit.. Inglewood definitely has cleaned up quite a bit lately but still doesn't have a rosy perception either.
|
Here's a 3+3 duplex in Inglewood for under $400k
https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...NW-Edmonton-Alberta-T5M0B4-InglewoodEDMO
and a 4 + 2 for around $325
https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...-NW-NW-Edmonton-Alberta-T5M0M2-Westmount
Brand new in McCauley for $389
https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...A-AV-NW-Edmonton-Alberta-T5H1G3-Mccauley
Not a ton for sale centrally though, I am a bit surprised that the inventory is so low.
But really there isn't a $ premium to live Centrally in Edmonton, there are so many ways to do it, the problem is that both the buyers and those trying to solve the problem are taking a very one dimensional approach to it