It's a handsome little development. I'm a fan of the developer, they're really good at building in traditional architectural styles.
The only thing I wish they would have done with Harbour West, is get rid of that faux sealed window. For me, that just turned it from being a building built in a tradition architectural style, to a faux historic building.
Their next development in Hamilton, The Tannery, doesn't have the faux sealed window, and it adds retail so I'm really looking forward to it... source
^Those older townhomes look ok--can you get a closer shot? And btw, since multirez is dead there, why not show us what's happening in the suburbs?
10 York peaks through
488 University looks so much better up close!
Ersnt and Young tower
Harbour Plaza
College Street student residence
Picasso and Tableau from OCAD University
On a dreary overcast day, the pink colour at Fabrik is refreshing
OTOH, Dragon Condos is an eyesore
My current fave condo building in Toronto is Teeple's Spadina Queen:
^I'd love to see a version clad in board-formed precast concrete panels
Grange Park remake looking good!
King HighLine rental towers rising in the distance
someday I'll clean my lens so I can take a decent photo of 383 Sorauren
Howard Park 2
good night from Dundas Street West - 87 Peter Street rises in the distance
It's been a year since I was in Vancouver staring at Vancouver House's pit.
87 Peter and 10 York visible here, with Aragon's Enigma on the Park crane immediate foreground left
Meanwhile, I kinda wish I was in Yorkville atm--only 20 minutes from me via TTC ha
Everytime I see the Edmonton skyline in person, I'm always blown away at how bulky and long it is. I haven't been in Edmonton in 4 years though, so I can't wait to see it again this summer.
IMG_3619 by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
Almost complete Fox 2 tower, the white one with the red accent on top. Recently completed Ultima Tower, the one in the centre. Norquest College campus expansion under construction, the short white building in the distance.
IMG_3628 by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
This light industrial area of Edmonton just north of downtown needs more residential projects like this. This area is one of the few areas in the city where the roads are wide enough for angle parking. There are a lot of neat developments that can be done to take advantage of the angle parking. A good example would be Quebec City style row housing with additional suites above accessed by a curved metal staircase.
IMG_3630 by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
I love the new additions to MacEwan University but do we really need surface parking? The whole length of the street is in bad shape and needs proper sidewalks, c’mon Edmonton, stop dragging your feet.
IMG_3631 by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
The back of the new CFAC Building turned out much better than I thought it would!
IMG_3633 by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
Village at Westmount seniors home is currently under construction.
IMG_3641 by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
I had to take a skyline shot from the 156th Street railway overpass. The skyline will significantly change in the next couple of months.
Roger's Place arena/seating looks great. There's nothing good about the exterior design and urban form. The practice arena is the worst of it; a carbuncle on the trendy but, mediocre Rogers Place design that enlarges the already pedestrian unfriendly block.
The sign boards are gone from the Village at Westmount site. did not see activity today when i went by. However lots of activity at the West Block site now that it has been revived.
__________________
Why complain about the weather? Its always going to be here. You on the other hand will not.