HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4421  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 1:06 AM
L'homard L'homard is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,055
Dieppe has two car chargers at the aquatic centre. I have no idea what kind they are though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4422  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 7:40 PM
micks5477's Avatar
micks5477 micks5477 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
While at the gym i saw that there was some site prep being done on the empty lot besides Goodlife. Anyone know what's going here?

It was reported that Mastermind Toys, an educational toy store, will be in this location between Goodlife and Bombay Company Store in Mapleton Centre. They are already hiring for the store in Saint John, NB.


Last edited by micks5477; Apr 13, 2017 at 7:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4423  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 8:24 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,326


Where did you hear this was going to be Mastermind Toys micks??

I'm not surprised that they would open a store in Moncton. They are a rapidly expanding national chain and, as you have said, they are currently hiring in Saint John (East Point) and have secured a location in Fredericton (Corbett Centre).

They certainly aren't wasting any time in starting construction. They are busy pouring forms today and the site is now surrounded by construction fencing.

If this is indeed Mastermind Toys, this is a good catch for the Mapleton Centre. This is a high quality, mostly educational toy company. I wonder why they would want to build new rather than occupy one of the two vacant CRUs in the existing development???
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4424  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 8:52 PM
micks5477's Avatar
micks5477 micks5477 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post


Where did you hear this was going to be Mastermind Toys micks??

I'm not surprised that they would open a store in Moncton. They are a rapidly expanding national chain and, as you have said, they are currently hiring in Saint John (East Point) and have secured a location in Fredericton (Corbett Centre).

They certainly aren't wasting any time in starting construction. They are busy pouring forms today and the site is now surrounded by construction fencing.

If this is indeed Mastermind Toys, this is a good catch for the Mapleton Centre. This is a high quality, mostly educational toy company. I wonder why they would want to build new rather than occupy one of the two vacant CRUs in the existing development???
This information came from RCS Construction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4425  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 9:41 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
This information came from RCS Construction.
Cool, so essentially this information is from the horses mouth.

A great addition to the Mapleton Centre.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4426  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 3:25 AM
micks5477's Avatar
micks5477 micks5477 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 371
RUMOR ALERT: I am hearing rumors that Eddie Bauer is going into either Trinity Power Center or Mapleton Centre. Could Ardene or Nygard be the place for Eddie Bauer or maybe the vacant storefront near Tommy Hilfiger in Mapleton Centre. This supposedly came from Eddie Bauer management. So I am wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4427  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 2:21 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
RUMOR ALERT: I am hearing rumors that Eddie Bauer is going into either Trinity Power Center or Mapleton Centre. Could Ardene or Nygard be the place for Eddie Bauer or maybe the vacant storefront near Tommy Hilfiger in Mapleton Centre. This supposedly came from Eddie Bauer management. So I am wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this?
Interesting.

I have heard nothing about this.

I would put the Mastermind rumour in the "confirmed" category since you talked to the construction foreman on site. The Eddie Bauer rumour however will have to remain "unconfirmed" for now.

I would think Eddie Bauer is more of a mall based retailer rather than a typical power centre tenant, although they certainly do have locations in factory outlet malls. It's possible that they could get pushed out of Champlain by the high rents charged there though, so anything is possible.

if they were to move, I would think that they would be more likely to go to the Mapleton Centre than Wheeler Park. These types of retailers pay close attention to "co-tenancy", meaning that they want to locate in shopping centres with similar quality retailers to build critical mass and take advantage of current shopping patterns. Since Mapleton already has retailers like DSW, Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic and Carters/Osh Kosh, this would seem the more natural fit. There's a pretty big vacant CRU in the centre of Building "D" (actually bigger than it appears on the site plan below).......

__________________
Go 'Cats Go

Last edited by MonctonRad; Apr 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4428  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:44 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,326
The more that I think of it, I become more and more convinced that it isn't a mere coincidence that both Ardene and Nygard are moving (at the same time) down to the south end of the Wheeler Park retail strip.

By moving, they free up two adjacent good sized CRUs for redevelopment. If they were combined, this would make enough space (over 19,000 sq ft) for a good sized retailer.

For reference, this is about 1,200 sq ft larger than H&M at Champlain Place.

I wonder what this could be?
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4429  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 4:11 AM
Scarface Scarface is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The more that I think of it, I become more and more convinced that it isn't a mere coincidence that both Ardene and Nygard are moving (at the same time) down to the south end of the Wheeler Park retail strip.

By moving, they free up two adjacent good sized CRUs for redevelopment. If they were combined, this would make enough space (over 19,000 sq ft) for a good sized retailer.

For reference, this is about 1,200 sq ft larger than H&M at Champlain Place.

I wonder what this could be?
Just speculation but I'm wondering if any of the Clothing stores we've speculated have decided to change strategies a little, and open a location in the Retail strip instead of in an enclosed mall situation.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4430  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 5:56 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Just speculation but I'm wondering if any of the Clothing stores we've speculated have decided to change strategies a little, and open a location in the Retail strip instead of in an enclosed mall situation.
Those stores already are in the plaza, they are merely moving to a different place in it.
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4431  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 11:58 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,326


If I was allowed to loosely associate and freely speculate, I would wonder about Giant Tiger relocating from the Mapleton Plaza to here.

I think the old Kmart (Mapleton Plaza) is on it's last legs. If Giant Tiger were to look for another location in the west end, Wheeler Park would be a good choice. At nearly 20,000 sq ft, the combined former Nygard/Ardene space would be a good fit for them.

But let me stress to everyone reading this that I have NO inside information about this. I do not want to start any rumours. I'm just freely speculating here.......

Other people may feel free to join in.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4432  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 12:16 AM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post


If I was allowed to loosely associate and freely speculate, I would wonder about Giant Tiger relocating from the Mapleton Plaza to here.

I think the old Kmart (Mapleton Plaza) is on it's last legs. If Giant Tiger were to look for another location in the west end, Wheeler Park would be a good choice. At nearly 20,000 sq ft, the combined former Nygard/Ardene space would be a good fit for them.

But let me stress to everyone reading this that I have NO inside information about this. I do not want to start any rumours. I'm just freely speculating here.......

Other people may feel free to join in.
This would be huge for Giant Tiger. It would easily increase their store sales as they would be within spitting distance of some of its main competition.
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4433  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 1:18 AM
Scarface Scarface is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Those stores already are in the plaza, they are merely moving to a different place in it.
Forever 21 is not yet in greater Moncton. Hence why I said clothing stores we've speculated This would be the type of store I was thinking would maybe think outside of the 4 walls.

No insider info on this. Just speculation
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4434  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 1:42 AM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,765
So Dollarama is supposed to be building 1700 new stores in Canada. How many of them do you guys think will be in the Moncton area?
I could see one in the magnetic hill area, one at McLaughin Place, one on Harrisville, one in the proposed comercial development on Horseman, one in the downtown Dieppe area, a second one in Riverview, one downtown, and another in the middle of the city.
__________________
We The People
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4435  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 2:27 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,326


Please God no......
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4436  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 10:05 AM
Scarface Scarface is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
So Dollarama is supposed to be building 1700 new stores in Canada. How many of them do you guys think will be in the Moncton area?
I could see one in the magnetic hill area, one at McLaughin Place, one on Harrisville, one in the proposed comercial development on Horseman, one in the downtown Dieppe area, a second one in Riverview, one downtown, and another in the middle of the city.
Downtown Dieppe would potentially be to close to the Main Street location.

But that does make you think. Depending on the situation with Dollarama's impending mass expansion. I could see one up Amirault where the Coop Gas Bar use to be. I think the old Co-op Convenience store is actually big enough.

as for Harisville there where potentially talks according to staff including a manager around the time the Corey Craig Group showed off there plans for there small plaza at the corner of Shediac Rd, and Harisville (I think I might start referring to the Corey Craig groups potential commercial plaza as Harisville Place .

The plan Horseman development I don't think there would be any space

magnetic hill area Only if they decide to build another commercial strip mall, or some sort of shopping plaza

McLaughlin Place I don't see it because of the new location on Fille De Jesus.

and last but certainly not least Riverview would potentially only add one if there was a reason to add another location, and there does not seem to be any reason for another location to be built in Riverview.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4437  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 12:09 PM
FarmerTom FarmerTom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 191
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/new-brunswick/dolma-foods-grocery-store-1.4076077


It appears Dolma Foods has had an unofficial soft opening.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4438  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 3:36 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,326
Sunrise Records signage is now up at Champlain Place.


Retail Talk & Share FB page

The sign looks kinda temporary to me.

They've been moving inventory into the store over the last couple of weeks. There are a lot of vinyl records in racks at the front of the store.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4439  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:27 PM
Blue Collar Taxpayer Blue Collar Taxpayer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Angry Another unconfirmed rumor alert

The Magnetic Hill Zoo is expanding for the three white elephants (Magnetic Hill Concert Site, Moncton Stadium and the Down Town Center) one of these elephants may give birth to a plaza also. In addition to this a theme park for all the fairy tales, like the pool promised for The Moncton Boys and Girls Club.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4440  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:36 PM
Nashe's Avatar
Nashe Nashe is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Taxpayer View Post
The Magnetic Hill Zoo is expanding for the three white elephants (Magnetic Hill Concert Site, Moncton Stadium and the Down Town Center) one of these elephants may give birth to a plaza also. In addition to this a theme park for all the fairy tales, like the pool promised for The Moncton Boys and Girls Club.
I can't comment on the rest, but I know the Magnetic Hill Zoo education building is in the middle of an expansion with bookable multipurpose rooms (I believe) and expanded multimedia capabilities.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:44 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.