HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 2:07 PM
Uhuniau Uhuniau is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
Don't forget Dominion Station was built as an afterthought in 1999, well after the Transitway was completed.

I'm not sure the NCC would permit a station on the parkway near Rochester Fields. I do agree Churchill would have been better but my guess is some NYMBYism prevented it (was before I moved to Ottawa). As for Island Park, it looks good on paper but in practice I don't think it would be that great a location without major street redesign.
Why would the street need redesigning?

The original Transitway concept of the 1970-80s called for a station at Island Park. Can't remember now if it was cheapness, NIMBYism, or both, that killed it. Probably both.
__________________
___
Enjoy my taxes, Orleans (and Kanata?).
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.