HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7681  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 3:23 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
Handsome.
     
     
  #7682  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 3:41 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,723
Could be, looking forward to updates on it. I do like the look of the podium at this point.
__________________
"Less is more" – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
     
     
  #7683  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 5:46 PM
rapid_business's Avatar
rapid_business rapid_business is offline
Urban Advocate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
Cap Nature residential project, as reported on MtlUrb.com. It's located in Montreal's westernmost part (Pierrefonds-Ouest).
The site of the project is abandoned agricultural lands surrounded by many Parcs Nature







Sorry for the size of the pictures, it looked good on MtlUrb. I don't know why it's larger when I quote it here...
They love that image of the chick on the rollerblades. She is practically in every picture, including on the boardwalk?!
__________________
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg
     
     
  #7684  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 6:31 PM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Still in a very preliminary design stage, the developer plans to use masonry for the podium of this mixed use tower to reflect the surrounding heritage buildings on Spadina. Currently there is a strip plaza and parking lot on this site.

Posted on urbantoronto.ca




Where is this? Looks to be 40 something floors...
     
     
  #7685  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 6:56 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,723
__________________
"Less is more" – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
     
     
  #7686  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 7:51 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
It is about as close to the edge of the historical core as it can get, but it does have the railroad tracks separating it (and they won't be going anywhere in our lifetimes).

This spot is currently a vacant empty lot along the river (I think it was industrial land decades ago).

One of the nicest public features about this project is that it will help extend a true river-side walkway along the New West river front.

Hopefully they will release some more detailed renderings in the near future to give a better idea of what will be built.
C'mon. The quayside of the tracks is as generic high rise/ townhome suburbia as they get.
     
     
  #7687  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 8:05 PM
GeneralLea's Avatar
GeneralLea GeneralLea is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
It must have been dark when you were passing through because there's a sales centre on site when I passed on the Queen streetcar this morning

Perhaps you have confused the 1001 Queen site with The Logan at 899 Queen East



which is a pile of rubble at the minute




or 875 Queen East




which is also a pile of rubble

Hmm, I had seen the site of 1001, I just didn't think the sales center would be there because of the great amount of signage all over it.

I for sure confused the sites, but with that I don't believe the sales center was very obvious at all from street level.
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
     
     
  #7688  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 8:10 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
Sorry for the size of the pictures, it looked good on MtlUrb. I don't know why it's larger when I quote it here...
Huge images for a huge development. I like it.
     
     
  #7689  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 11:24 PM
DAVEinEDMONTON DAVEinEDMONTON is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_business View Post
They love that image of the chick on the rollerblades. She is practically in every picture, including on the boardwalk?!
She's also front and center on post 7647 in front of the Gusto 101 in Toronto...she really gets around on those rollerblades...
     
     
  #7690  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 11:30 PM
Laceoflight's Avatar
Laceoflight Laceoflight is offline
Montérégien
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montréal, QC <> Paris, FR
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_business View Post
They love that image of the chick on the rollerblades. She is practically in every picture, including on the boardwalk?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEinEDMONTON View Post
She's also front and center on post 7647 in front of the Gusto 101 in Toronto...she really gets around on those rollerblades...
Excellent.
Those architects definitely need to renew their databases of photoshop cutout people...
     
     
  #7691  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 1:33 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,895
Are we seriously bitching about render people being used more than once?!?
     
     
  #7692  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 1:54 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 37,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Are we seriously bitching about render people being used more than once?!?
The anger is clearly evidenced by liberal use of laughing emojis.
     
     
  #7693  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 2:33 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,895
^^LOL Typical SSP. Not much a counter argument so what was the point of that? You think I didn't see the emojis? Best to stop interpreting a poster's emotional state by their posts. Continue patting yourself on the back, esquire. Worry at times about you.
     
     
  #7694  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 2:40 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,723
LOL, just had to see what all the fuss is about. I love that they used that rollerskating girl so much. Pretty armature stock assets used and the most obvious one to notice repeated. She must be good to roller-blade on a boardwalk.

• Video Link
__________________
"Less is more" – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
     
     
  #7695  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 2:58 PM
Laceoflight's Avatar
Laceoflight Laceoflight is offline
Montérégien
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montréal, QC <> Paris, FR
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
Excellent.
Those architects definitely need to renew their databases of photoshop cutout people...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Are we seriously bitching about render people being used more than once?!?
Euh. Did I offend you by finding these posters' comments funny?
     
     
  #7696  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 3:05 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
^^LOL Typical SSP. Not much a counter argument so what was the point of that? You think I didn't see the emojis? Best to stop interpreting a poster's emotional state by their posts. Continue patting yourself on the back, esquire. Worry at times about you.
You do see the irony, one trusts.
     
     
  #7697  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 3:26 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,723
I think this has been shown before but i'm just trying to get this thread back on topic.

Hines has awarded Danish firm 3XN as the design architect of their latest waterfront residential project at Bayside Toronto.

Perfect scale and love the terraces the upper units have. Sorry the images are so big.
From: https://www.canadianarchitect.com


__________________
"Less is more" – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
     
     
  #7698  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 3:50 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,242
Wow awesome! Reminiscent of Bjark Ingels.
     
     
  #7699  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 4:16 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
I like.
     
     
  #7700  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 5:47 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
Euh. Did I offend you by finding these posters' comments funny?
As a great comedian myself, I found it stupid but, I wasn't offended by some lighthearted oneupmanship over the overuse of a Skalgubbar. Don't use my wording as an insight into my emotional state. I did choose them very carefully.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:09 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.