Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen
I think that the entire system will, and should, remain Vancouver-centric simply because the city is the node for density, business and residential (and that includes Broadway)
HOWEVER, what I think is really necessary - and Freddino's design has an element of this - is that there be a large "circle line" which facilitates suburb-suburb travel.
|
I didn't really think of that- I just used it to replace a few frequent bus routes on similar corridors- and since 41 is used as overflow for Broadway. (and to access BCIT)
Hastings is hardly "suburban", and most of Boundary is supposed to densify enormously due to proximity to the Expo and Millennium.
So it was a coincidence, more than anything. It's also fairly expensive, so I'm not sure if I should cut out parts of the North Delta or "Vancouver Loop" Skytrains first.
Honestly, It would be nice to go from Maple Ridge to Tswassen, but that kind of service can only really be provided by commuter rail and BRT in the forseeable future.
I for one, would love a BRT or B-Line down 200 from Langley City to Maple Ridge, and across to South Surrey