Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCarl
Ehh, beggars can't be choosers. DTLA isn't SF, Chi, or Manhattan. It's not even the most desirable office or residential market in the region. What we really need is more pedestrian friendly infill, not statement pieces. We still have a long ways to go.
I mean people hate on the architecture of the Vegas strip all the time, but it's high concentration of amenities makes it a great place to be a pedestrian.
Function is much more important than form.
|
beyond that, I notice when I see a new proposed devlpt, my immediate reaction is not necessarily to judge it based on the quality of its design, but to judge it based on whether it's likely to break ground within the next 100 yrs or less.
I'll never forget what happened with the original park fifth proj, so....
^ even more so when I'm still waiting for the long announced barry shy apt towers on Main st & broadway to start work....or the towers at 4th & Hill & 4th & broadway to be under construction.
in the meantime, I'm relieved the long rundown corner of olympic & olive is finally seeing some improvement. On one side a new apt bldg & on the other the renovation of the former tire store into the new Mikkeller Bar....
DTLAexplorer.com
la.eater.com
la.eater.com
la.eater.com
^ I still think the somewhat newer ywca bldg that looms to the south over the Mikkeller Bar really does have the worst architecture of any bldg in dtla, by far. It reminds me of the type of bldg found in a smaller midwestern city.