HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12981  
Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 2:55 PM
Larry King Larry King is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
Again, this has nothing to do with City council. This is a statewide decision. They are shutting it down for now so NO ONE is getting new zones. No matter what part of the state you are talking about you can bet that local officials had some role in getting areas nominated for the exemption.
Right, I get that, just saying I'm happy it got killed for other reasons
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12982  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 6:17 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Philadelphia’s $730M meetings & convention year

Quote:
From craft brewers and chemistry professionals to architects and speech, language and hearing professionals, the conventions and groups booked by the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau gave the city a robust meetings-and-conventions calendar and a huge economic boost.

Together the conventions PHLCVB brought to the Pennsylvania Convention Center generated $730 million in economic impact for Philadelphia.

It doesn't stop this year, of course. The future looks bright, too.

“Philadelphia continues to be a highly sought-after destination for meetings and conventions, and our forecast through 2020 is very strong,” according to the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau.

“We expect to see continued growth across all meeting-and-convention sectors in the coming years, allowing us to support and grow the 68,000 hospitality-related jobs in the city," the PHLCVB added.

Having a robust conventions calendar is a boon not only for Philadelphia's hospitality industry, but all of the city's business sectors. And healthy convention calendars could be attributed to changes made more than two years ago.

Antiquated work rules at the Convention Center held back the city's growth in the convention circle because major groups canceled annual meetings from Philadelphia, or groups avoided the city altogether.

Since the new work rules were put in place, several groups that previously canceled their annual meetings, have changed course and rebooked for Philadelphia, including Lightfair International, which will come back in 2017.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/...nvention-economic-impact-dnc-phlcvb.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12983  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 7:10 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 478
Can someone help me separate fact from fiction . I noticed in the data base that there are currently seven projects under
construction in Philly that exceed 300' ....... Not bad at all . However I noticed there are some twenty-one high rise in the
" proposed " chapter that exceed 400' . I believe some of these skyscrapers will move to the " fantasy " folder but has
there ever been this large a construction plan anytime in the past ........
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12984  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 8:30 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
Can someone help me separate fact from fiction . I noticed in the data base that there are currently seven projects under
construction in Philly that exceed 300' ....... Not bad at all . However I noticed there are some twenty-one high rise in the
" proposed " chapter that exceed 400' . I believe some of these skyscrapers will move to the " fantasy " folder but has
there ever been this large a construction plan anytime in the past ........
Schuylkill Yards and 30th Street Station District probably account for a lot of those.

Then there is 1911 Walnut, 1301 Market, 2100 Market, 1910 Chestnut, SLS, Broad and Washington Blatstein tower, etc. Check the first page of this thread. I keep a catalog there of all towers Completed since 2013, Under Construction, in Site Prep and Proposed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12985  
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 8:51 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 478
[QUOTE=summersm343;7663159 Check the first page of this thread. I keep a catalog there of all towers Completed since 2013, Under Construction, in Site Prep and Proposed.[/QUOTE]


THANKS .......
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12986  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 5:48 PM
slow-v6's Avatar
slow-v6 slow-v6 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, South Jersey
Posts: 190
What's up with the tower crane just sitting across the street from the peco building on market??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12987  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 5:59 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-v6 View Post
What's up with the tower crane just sitting across the street from the peco building on market??
2400 market. Adding 4 floors to create new HQ for Aramark.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12988  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 7:41 PM
boxbot's Avatar
boxbot boxbot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delco., Pa.
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Will not be anymore KOZ zones. Hopefully this is only a temporary thing. This state is f**king idiotic.
Do you have any facts or figures to support your conclusion? I would need to know:

1) whether the KOZs have generated the development they were designed to;
2) whether the development would have taken place without the tax abatement;
3) whether the developers stay in the properties after the tax abatement ends or if they become vacant;
4) whether the KOZs have had unintended consequences of hindering projects outside KOZs;
5) whether the loss of tax income has been offset by the benefits of the program.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12989  
Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 9:20 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 478
Urgent message from Professor Bunsen Honeydew

With the holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with you about drinking and driving. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home. Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it ..........
Stay safe , life is short .
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12990  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 1:28 AM
SJBadger's Avatar
SJBadger SJBadger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pitman, NJ
Posts: 59
Gonzo is spending too much time on Facebook.....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12991  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 4:11 AM
Philly-Drew's Avatar
Philly-Drew Philly-Drew is offline
Φιλαδέλφεια
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoLibs
Posts: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
With the holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with you about drinking and driving. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home. Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it ..........
Stay safe , life is short .

Suburbs. Haha

Edit: Corrected the quote. I had the incorrect quote previously.

Last edited by Philly-Drew; Dec 31, 2016 at 8:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12992  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 11:49 AM
SJPhillyBoy's Avatar
SJPhillyBoy SJPhillyBoy is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SJ to Philly
Posts: 2,631
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12993  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 6:46 PM
EastSideHBG's Avatar
EastSideHBG EastSideHBG is offline
Me?!?
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Philadelphia Metro
Posts: 10,805
Shorter tower now envisioned for last major Rittenhouse Square-area development site
Updated: DECEMBER 27, 2016 — 4:30 PM EST
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/re...r-Rittenhouse-area-development-site.html

Current plans for the project, known as 1911 Walnut, call for an approximately 47-story glass-and-precast-concrete building on a cut-limestone base, rather than the previously intended 55-story tower of mostly glass, officials at developer Southern Land Co. said late last week.

The revised proposal preserves the Rittenhouse Coffee Shop and Warwick apartment buildings, built in 1855 and 1903 on Sansom Street, company founder and chief executive Tim Downey said in an interview. Southern Land plans to redevelop those structures into low-income supportive housing to be operated by Project Home, he said.

Still being decided is the final number of condo and apartment units in the tower, Downey said. Richard Gross, a Center City Residents’ Association director who helped hammer out the agreement, said it would be no more than 335.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12994  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 9:56 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJBadger View Post
Gonzo is spending too much time on Facebook.....


You see, I was contacted through my breakfast cereal, and then it was confirmed to me by the Cosmic Fish that I am definitely from outer space......... I'll be back to
normal , after the first of the year .........
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12995  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 10:26 PM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
Philadelphia 2017!
Blue "under construction". Red are to come?
1911 Walnut Street's height adjusted to new proposal.

Is 2012 Chestnut (foreground) still a thing?


2100 Market Street in red, as in ready to go!

































Last edited by SEFTA; Jan 3, 2017 at 3:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12996  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 10:41 PM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,720
Great work! Can't wait to see this view with all of them complete
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12997  
Old Posted Jan 1, 2017, 12:18 AM
Philamigo's Avatar
Philamigo Philamigo is offline
Leges Sine Moribus Vanae
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: City Of Brotherly Love
Posts: 43
Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for the great photos and renders.

May 2017 be filled with lots of new construction in The City Of Brotherly Love!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12998  
Old Posted Jan 1, 2017, 12:57 AM
GtownFriend GtownFriend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 601
Love the renderings..
Wondering about One Water and Museum II?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12999  
Old Posted Jan 1, 2017, 3:38 AM
SJPhillyBoy's Avatar
SJPhillyBoy SJPhillyBoy is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SJ to Philly
Posts: 2,631
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13000  
Old Posted Jan 1, 2017, 6:27 AM
SEFTA's Avatar
SEFTA SEFTA is offline
Philly Pholly
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Love the renderings..
Wondering about One Water and Museum II?
Check again
Happy New Year
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.