HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #681  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 9:37 PM
suburbia suburbia is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWin View Post
Start one. You don't need to suggest it like someone else should do it.
Dude (or Dudette) - the two folks were talking school. It was giving them an option. Why the heck would I start a school thread - I'm on this one to read and participate in a Telus Sky discussion.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #682  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 9:40 PM
RWin's Avatar
RWin RWin is offline
of Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 2,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
Dude (or Dudette) - the two folks were talking school. It was giving them an option. Why the heck would I start a school thread - I'm on this one to read and participate in a Telus Sky discussion.
Because for a second there you came across as truly interested.

I was wrong. Back to off topic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #683  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2016, 1:55 AM
KoolKool's Avatar
KoolKool KoolKool is offline
Bla Bla
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Park
Posts: 517
ya'll gave me a good laugh


Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
Dude (or Dudette) - the two folks were talking school. It was giving them an option. Why the heck would I start a school thread - I'm on this one to read and participate in a Telus Sky discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWin View Post
Because for a second there you came across as truly interested.

I was wrong. Back to off topic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #684  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2016, 2:47 AM
Design-mind's Avatar
Design-mind Design-mind is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,652
From Saturday...

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #685  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2016, 3:25 PM
H.E.Pennypacker's Avatar
H.E.Pennypacker H.E.Pennypacker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,941
I'm really interested to see how construction of the superstructure progresses with the curves in the building .. We don't have to wait long now to see it starting to twist.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #686  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2016, 5:22 PM
People.talking's Avatar
People.talking People.talking is offline
YYC
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Rocky Ridge, Calgary
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.E.Pennypacker View Post
I'm really interested to see how construction of the superstructure progresses with the curves in the building .. We don't have to wait long now to see it starting to twist.
Should be interesting...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #687  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2016, 7:07 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
I wonder if those second story windows will actually open as shown in the rendering.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #688  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2016, 12:07 AM
ProducePrincess ProducePrincess is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
3rd floor windows starting to go up.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #689  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2016, 2:26 AM
Design-mind's Avatar
Design-mind Design-mind is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,652
Great first post as well as photo. Welcome to the forum!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #690  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2016, 2:50 AM
PPAR's Avatar
PPAR PPAR is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urbanist View Post
I hope you're right. I've heard that it's not happening from 3 different sources now. We'll know for sure in a few months.
I don't think this project is being capped...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #691  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 5:13 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducePrincess View Post
3rd floor windows starting to go up.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #692  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 5:43 PM
speedog's Avatar
speedog speedog is offline
Moran supreme
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducePrincess View Post
3rd floor windows starting to go up.

Some comparisons to renders posted by others early on in this thread. Are people still hating the black? Also, I wonder if those second floor windows will swing open per renders - I suspect not but who knows.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #693  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 5:55 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,231
I think the black looks great! stoked to watch this baby rise!

I hope they did their research though, black cladding will get quite hot in the summer and can get quite cold in winter, there will be a lot of expansion / contraction on that cladding.

Last edited by Calgarian; Dec 9, 2016 at 6:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #694  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 6:41 PM
The Urbanist's Avatar
The Urbanist The Urbanist is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 188
I suspect the rotating windows have been VE'd out. The black is risky as it shows all defects and imperfections (the same way a black vehicle does). Thankfully the panel spans here aren't massive, so the tolerances should be minimal.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #695  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 6:43 PM
The Urbanist's Avatar
The Urbanist The Urbanist is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPAR View Post
I don't think this project is being capped...
Very glad my sources were wrong on this one. I'll take Place10 getting capped over this one any day.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #696  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 7:23 PM
CalgaryAlex's Avatar
CalgaryAlex CalgaryAlex is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calgary
Posts: 617
With regards to the sections on the 2nd and 3rd levels which go out over the Centre St sidewalk: are they to be completed later, when the prep area is no longer necessary, or have they been scrapped?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #697  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 9:05 PM
suburbia suburbia is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
I think the black looks great! stoked to watch this baby rise!

I hope they did their research though, black cladding will get quite hot in the summer and can get quite cold in winter, there will be a lot of expansion / contraction on that cladding.
I share your enthusiasm, but am wondering why you think black cladding would get colder in the summer than other coloured cladding?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #698  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 10:09 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryAlex View Post
With regards to the sections on the 2nd and 3rd levels which go out over the Centre St sidewalk: are they to be completed later, when the prep area is no longer necessary, or have they been scrapped?
I was wondering the same thing looking at it a second time. It seems to project outward towards 7th Ave but not along the Centre Street side. hopefully it's a cantilever or something to be added after the concrete.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #699  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 12:54 AM
speedog's Avatar
speedog speedog is offline
Moran supreme
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
I was wondering the same thing looking at it a second time. It seems to project outward towards 7th Ave but not along the Centre Street side. hopefully it's a cantilever or something to be added after the concrete.
There appears to be connection points on the floors in the appropriate areas to accommodate something - time will tell.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #700  
Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 8:10 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
I would imagine that due to the location of the crane it will be added on using steel closer to completion. Although it will be interesting to see how they close up those opening as completion of the lower floors progress. With the crane in that spot those cantilevered bit will be the last to be completed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:02 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.