HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12681  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 1:34 AM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Who cares what they think, only voice that matters is Clarke
So...a sufficiently large bribe?...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12682  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 10:43 AM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,719
A skyline rendering with CTC, 2100 Market, and 1911 Walnut from Building Ohikly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12683  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 9:00 PM
PhilliesPhan's Avatar
PhilliesPhan PhilliesPhan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,365
From 52nd Street in West Philly:

__________________
No one outsmarts a Fox!

Temple University '18 ']['
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12684  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 5:33 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
From 52nd Street in West Philly:
Nice pic of the towers. But those house in the foreground next to the L look like they belong in a Jersey beach town...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12685  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 4:18 AM
TechTalkGuy's Avatar
TechTalkGuy TechTalkGuy is offline
Mr. Technology
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Nice pic of the towers. But those house in the foreground next to the L look like they belong in a Jersey beach town...
I agree, but you're not from the city are you?
It's pronounced "EL" as in the Market-Frankford Subway / ELevated Line.
I believe that SEPTA (SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) designated colors back in the 80's.
The Blue Line = Market-Frankford Line
The Orange Line = Broad Street Line / Broad-Ridge Spur
The Green Line = Subway Surface Line
The Red Line = PATCO High-Speed Line

Last edited by TechTalkGuy; Nov 30, 2016 at 2:21 PM. Reason: Subway description corrected.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12686  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 12:37 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
^ Live in the city. Typo.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12687  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 1:58 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
center city office rents are approaching $30/sf the highest on record

https://sites.cushwakedigital.com/199/19...bd-americas-marketbeat-office-q32016.pdf

vacancy is expected to increase next year as the large tenants relocating start to vacate existing space and comcast moves people into CTC from other CC locations.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12688  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2016, 2:30 PM
Boku Boku is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 770
Logan Square neighborhood rezoning awaits Council approval

http://planphilly.com/articles/2016/11/2...borhood-rezoning-awaits-council-approval

Interesting nugget:

Quote:
Indeed the remapping bill leaves out many of the parcels that are likely to excite the most interest in coming months and years.

“There are basically three parcels we agreed to not touch,” says Litwin. “There is development coming, but really big development. One is the Archdiocese on the Parkway. One is the triangle behind the Rodin museum. And the third is the future site of the potential future Comcast tower. We left it to the developers to get them rezoned.”
I'm picturing Caruso975 at the LSNA meetings, yelling at the board members that THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12689  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 1:12 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
'Core Philadelphia' Map I Created Today

I was quite bored today, so I created a map of what I would consider 'Philadelphia's Core' and the neighborhoods within in that are either here and developed, gentrifying/redeveloping, or not quite there yet. Let me know if you think I should change anything.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Lz1QFY1mNQGmpRo4_N--HvCQKU&usp=sharing
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12690  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 1:38 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Coworking giant WeWork to open 4th Philly branch at former Stock Exchange

Quote:
WeWork is opening its fourth and largest Philadelphia coworking facility in the recently renovated 1900 Market St. office building in Center City.

The New York-based coworking giant plans to operate about 55,000 square feet of shared office space on the top floor of the eight-story building formerly known as the Stock Exchange, a spokeswoman said in an email Wednesday.
Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/re...lly-branch-at-former-Stock-Exchange.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12691  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 1:52 AM
TechTalkGuy's Avatar
TechTalkGuy TechTalkGuy is offline
Mr. Technology
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I was quite bored today, so I created a map of what I would consider 'Philadelphia's Core' and the neighborhoods within in that are either here and developed, gentrifying/redeveloping, or not quite there yet.
Let me know if you think I should change anything.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Lz1QFY1mNQGmpRo4_N--HvCQKU&usp=sharing
Hey, how did you do that?
That looks promising!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12692  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 12:38 PM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Philly
Posts: 1,719
WeWork seems to be very confident in Philadelphia. Anyone know how their other coworking spaces are doing?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12693  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 1:01 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Good news on jobs front. I wouldnt expect any coverage of this by CCD.

https://beta.phila.gov/press-releases/ma...highest-october-job-numbers-in-25-years/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12694  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 1:58 PM
Milksteak Milksteak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
Good news on jobs front. I wouldnt expect any coverage of this by CCD.

https://beta.phila.gov/press-releases/ma...highest-october-job-numbers-in-25-years/
Good news, I would love to know the breakdown of where the jobs came from:

Regional relocation
National relocation
International relocation
Growing business within existing location
New location opening due to business growth
New business start up
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12695  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 9:03 PM
PhilliesPhan's Avatar
PhilliesPhan PhilliesPhan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
'Core Philadelphia' Map I Created Today

I was quite bored today, so I created a map of what I would consider 'Philadelphia's Core' and the neighborhoods within in that are either here and developed, gentrifying/redeveloping, or not quite there yet. Let me know if you think I should change anything.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Lz1QFY1mNQGmpRo4_N--HvCQKU&usp=sharing
Your map is very accurate! The only thing that I would add, speaking as a Temple student, is that most students consider Gratz Street to really the westernmost boundary of Templetown. Even with this, I've noticed development up to 20th Street (although it will be years before a lot of students move out there). As long as Cecil B. Moore and Susquehanna Avenues continue to add retail (North Broad would be nice, too) to become the northern and southern commercial spines, Templetown will remain a viable neighborhood for semesters to come. Other than that, great map!

One other thing that I will say, is that I believe Belmont/Haverford North and East Parkside are this city's next hottest neighborhoods. This will especially be true once Schuylkill Yards and uCity Square begin construction since development in Mantua will likely kick into full-gear. I'm a little late to participate in the development of Grays Ferry and Mantua, but I will begin to purchase lots in those neighborhoods as soon as I graduate from Temple next year, start my company, and attract capital (which I'm working on now).
__________________
No one outsmarts a Fox!

Temple University '18 ']['
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12696  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 8:40 PM
hammersklavier's Avatar
hammersklavier hammersklavier is offline
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The biggest city on earth. Literally
Posts: 5,630
We interrupt this thread for a very important announcement:

YOUR 10-3 TEMPLE OWLS ARE NOW AAC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!!!

HOOT HOOT motherfuckers
__________________
Urban Rambles | Hidden City

‘Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12697  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 8:44 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
^^Gotta love it! Temple and Villanova showing up big in the college sports world. Temple basketball is doing pretty well so far as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12698  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 6:37 PM
PhilliesPhan's Avatar
PhilliesPhan PhilliesPhan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
We interrupt this thread for a very important announcement:

YOUR 10-3 TEMPLE OWLS ARE NOW AAC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!!!

HOOT HOOT motherfuckers
HOOT HOOT!!! It was so exciting watching them play at the Linc all throughout this season. I couldn't be prouder of my Owls!

Well, we know at least 1 Philly team is playing good football at the Linc!
__________________
No one outsmarts a Fox!

Temple University '18 ']['
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12699  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 5:11 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Some apartment building updates

Most buildings are doing very well, and floating between 92% and 98% leased.

The only buildings struggling are 3601 Market (69% leased), Tower Place (87% leased), and The Granary (86% leased) and Dockside (84% leased). Tower Place may be due to location. The Granary - I believe - is fully being affected by the I-676 bridge replacement and it's difficulty to reach Center City. 3601 Market (similar to EVO), suffers from a few conditions, including missing it's construction end-date, limiting rentals to undergrads in a student market, location, and high asking rents. Dockside 100% suffers from location. It's not walkable to anything, and really only appeals to an older demographic looking to keep one or two cars.

Some surprising building lease-up numbers include 3737 Chestnut (96%), 1919 Market (70%), The Collins (30%) and the Dalian (35%). 3737 Chestnut crushed it's lease up numbers. The other 3 are well on their way to crushing their lease-ups. Collins and Dalian have only been leasing for 3 months. They're adding about 10% occupancy a month. They should be at full lease-up in 10 months (target lease-up is 13 months).

So all in all, while a few buildings seem to struggle here and there, overall, buildings are meeting or surpassing their lease up expectations. This is not really having an affect on already existing buildings either. There may be a temporary saturation in the market while all of these buildings finishing up get leased up, but I expect things to go back to normal next year once these units are absorbed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12700  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 6:21 PM
pwp pwp is offline
Hello.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 455
Bridges over 676

Not sure if this has been shared on here yet, but noticed it earlier today:

http://www.bridgesover676.com/
__________________
TWO. 1. FIVE.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:02 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.