Quote:
Originally Posted by hilman
The Katz Group thinks ~75% of people leaving the arena will leave via the south side of the building. Time will tell how congested this station is but it won't be anywhere near as bad as Commonwealth or the current Rexall stops.
Maybe Katz should have parking on the north side of the LRT stop? 
|
Crowded transit is just part of the sports experience. Hopefully the plaza and downtown being on the south side will help disperse people in that direction, but the station will still be very busy, especially on cold game nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon
Hopefully a close look is taken at Calgary's developing cycle network. Lots to learn from the experience down here, both good and bad.
|
They cycle network works pretty well here, I use it every day. The one complaint I have is that it forces lanes to sort of meander a bit on 12 Ave, so if Edmonton does one, I hope the curbs are all fairly consistent in their alignment so the traffic lanes are more consistent and predictable. Another complaint I have about the network here is the part on Stephen Ave, that's the wrong place to put a lot of cyclists, not sure if there is a parallel up there though.