Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingDutchman
I dunno, two buildings for Philadelphia is enough. Given Comcast's terrible reputation, poor service offerings and general strangulation of the industry, let's hope that as soon as the CITC is finished, the antitrust regulators wake up and tear the company to pieces.
How many Comcast customers would head for the door if that were a plausible option where they live? I know I would.
|
That would be disastrous for Philadelphia's economy and really weird thing for any Philadelphian to hope for. I am opposed to comcast's desire to basically destroy net neutrality, but the government can continue to advocate for the best interests of its citizens without "tearing the company to pieces " If the government was in the business of destroying companies, there are plenty of companies in America that are far more harmful to the American people.
Besides I feel like most people just complain about the customer service, give me break, who cares? Also, count me among the people who have never had an issue with them.
Besides, you act as though the only thing Comcast is bringing to Philly is tall buildings. I believe Comcast provides more private jobs in Philadelphia than any entity besides Upenn. And that's not even getting into all of companies who are located in Philadelphia for no other reason than to serve the behemoth that is Comcast.
Having the largest media company in the world is a great thing for Philadelphia. Push to make them better, but do not push to tear them apart, it would truly be cutting off our nose to spite our face.