HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9141  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 3:57 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
More info on the Fry's. kjzz
Two towers with one as residential. This just got a whole lot better! I haven't checked out the Raplh's in LA develoment yet. I hope this is a quality project. So far, it sounds great.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #9142  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 4:15 PM
nickw252 nickw252 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Mesa
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Two towers with one as residential. This just got a whole lot better! I haven't checked out the Raplh's in LA develoment yet. I hope this is a quality project. So far, it sounds great.
I agree, unless it turns into another multi-phased project where only part of it gets built...
     
     
  #9143  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 4:22 PM
ASU Diablo ASU Diablo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,505
300 units of residential? How many stories we talking about here?
     
     
  #9144  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 4:38 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
300 units of residential? How many stories we talking about here?
Depends on the size of the units and footprint of the tower. Cityscape Residences is 245 units I believe. I would guess 15 or so floors for 300 units.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #9145  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 4:53 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
More info on the Fry's. kjzz
Can we please just get a tower or two in the 30-40 story range?? I mean isn't downtown office vacancy below 20% now? Cant we justify a decent sized tower or two?
     
     
  #9146  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 4:54 PM
PHXFlyer11 PHXFlyer11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Depends on the size of the units and footprint of the tower. Cityscape Residences is 245 units I believe. I would guess 15 or so floors for 300 units.
Keep in mind we might see ground floor retail in this tower and parking below the units.
     
     
  #9147  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 6:06 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Can we please just get a tower or two in the 30-40 story range?? I mean isn't downtown office vacancy below 20% now? Cant we justify a decent sized tower or two?
I was mainly quoting about 15 floors for the residential portion. Keeping in mind that the Fry's will have a 15' to 20' ceiling, maybe 5 to 7 floors of office space and possible parking podium, this could end up being over 350' tall. I'll take that.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #9148  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 6:28 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Double post
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; Apr 12, 2016 at 6:38 PM.
     
     
  #9149  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 7:02 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,838
As I alluded to earlier this month there is an installation of a protected crosswalk at Monroe and 7th Street, construction began today.
__________________
Mr. K the monopoly man

Last edited by biggus diggus; Apr 12, 2016 at 8:57 PM.
     
     
  #9150  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 10:20 PM
dtnphx dtnphx is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,057
Arizona Board of Regents Buys Downtown Phoenix Highrise site for Future Expansion Plans

Might take a bit to open and you can't copy the text otherwise I would have posted it.

http://brewaz.com/hot-news/arizona-board...nix-high-rise-site-for-future-expansion/
     
     
  #9151  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 10:47 PM
ASUSunDevil ASUSunDevil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
Arizona Board of Regents Buys Downtown Phoenix Highrise site for Future Expansion Plans

Might take a bit to open and you can't copy the text otherwise I would have posted it.

http://brewaz.com/hot-news/arizona-board...nix-high-rise-site-for-future-expansion/
Well that was one hell of a buy in 2012.

Central Station residential tower would have been perfect there. It's a shame they're still dicking around with the original site, while seemingly getting nowhere.

Not sure how an educational building can get the most out of that lot. Something as impactful as the new Law School would work there, but does ASU have anything else of that magnitude in the works yet?
     
     
  #9152  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 12:43 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,838
     
     
  #9153  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 3:29 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
This should have been announced months ago what the hell is Stanton's office doing?

From what I can tell the plan for the coyotes to move over by ASU is already far along.
     
     
  #9154  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 5:38 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
This should have been announced months ago what the hell is Stanton's office doing?

From what I can tell the plan for the coyotes to move over by ASU is already far along.
It sounds to me the Coyotes have no idea where they're going to end up. I don't see an announcement in the next 2 weeks. BTW, where would the funding for an arena close to ASU come from? Wouldn't it also be tax payer funded? Why would Phoenix need to put this to a public vote and Tempe not?
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
     
     
  #9155  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 5:45 PM
ASU Diablo ASU Diablo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
It sounds to me the Coyotes have no idea where they're going to end up. I don't see an announcement in the next 2 weeks. BTW, where would the funding for an arena close to ASU come from? Wouldn't it also be tax payer funded? Why would Phoenix need to put this to a public vote and Tempe not?
Good points. Something else that I don't get is why are the 'Yotes lobbying to get a special "arena district" created to generate tax revenue? If they were going with ASU partnership and built in the Athletic Facilities District, would this be needed? The same applies for arena being built on tribal land, why would it need special legislation?

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Apr 19, 2016 at 5:55 PM.
     
     
  #9156  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 7:19 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
It sounds to me the Coyotes have no idea where they're going to end up. I don't see an announcement in the next 2 weeks. BTW, where would the funding for an arena close to ASU come from? Wouldn't it also be tax payer funded? Why would Phoenix need to put this to a public vote and Tempe not?
There is always the possibility that the team is yanking us around and will end up moving to Quebec or Seattle
     
     
  #9157  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 10:57 PM
PHX31's Avatar
PHX31 PHX31 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: PHX
Posts: 7,206
If the Coyotes move to downtown Phoenix as part of some City-owned complex or whatever it may be, they need to change their name back to the Phoenix Coyotes. Non-city named teams sound terrible, and I think they hastily changed their name in the first place when the new owners came in and they had the new lease in Glendale. Obviously that didn't work out.

I'd be OK with Phoenix Diamondbacks too, although I think that's an immense long-shot of ever happening.
     
     
  #9158  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 4:35 PM
dtnphx dtnphx is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,057
Arizona Board of Regents Acquires Land in Downtown

This story alludes to more possibilities for the site including student housing, regular apartments or condos. Nice to see it may not just be ASU space, but a mix perhaps.

http://downtownphoenixjournal.com/2016/04/19/arizona-board-of-regents-acquires-land-in-downtown/
     
     
  #9159  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 4:40 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
Arizona Board of Regents Acquires Land in Downtown

This story alludes to more possibilities for the site including student housing, regular apartments or condos. Nice to see it may not just be ASU space, but a mix perhaps.

http://downtownphoenixjournal.com/2016/04/19/arizona-board-of-regents-acquires-land-in-downtown/
Despite how ugly all the student complexes in Tempe are, I wouldn't mind ASU getting a few to add to density. Someone get Campus communities on the horn and have them build a 20-story like they did on College.

The students at the Downtown campus aren't your typical traditional undergrads, a lot more graduate students and serious students go the downtown campus so the campus apartments wouldn't necessarily be the party-infested crumholes the Tempe ones are.

Of course a little bit of that living atmosphere downtown wouldn't be a bad thing either.
     
     
  #9160  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 4:56 PM
phxhbg phxhbg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
why stop at 20 stories

At one time the building containing the Renaissance was going to be an ASU partner. It was going to be class room/office space with housing up top. I don't think it was quite a new tallest but I believe it was going to be 50 stories which would have been a new record in its own right.

On a side note, with all the light rail expansion there should be less need for parking in these new developments downtown.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:53 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.