HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7461  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 12:56 PM
trev71's Avatar
trev71 trev71 is offline
Any where but Fredericton
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
I'd guess the Regent/Priestman one gets a lot of University Student business, along with Hospital business (if that's a factor), whereas the Smythe one was just 'out there' and not particularly close to anything a bank would draw on.
That makes sense just a pain in the 🞵🞵🞵🞵 for someone like me. Going to Kings place wont work for me. I guess I will figure it out in due time. Just parking downtown is horrible and parking in that Regent/Presimen Street location is horrible
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7462  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 1:16 PM
Taeolas Taeolas is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 5,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
That makes sense just a pain in the 🞵🞵🞵🞵 for someone like me. Going to Kings place wont work for me. I guess I will figure it out in due time. Just parking downtown is horrible and parking in that Regent/Presimen Street location is horrible
No arguments there; I hate going to that minimall on Priestman, whether I'm walking or driving.

There's always the Scotiabank on the North side; it's in the Eye Sore Minimall with the Red Lantern pub; parking isn't too bad there; but it does mean going to the North side.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7463  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 1:21 PM
OliverD OliverD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Interesting that bank is usually pretty busy. I wonder what made them want to close that one over the Regent and Presimen Street location
I believe they were the only bank with three southside branches. Everyone else has one branch downtown and one uptown.

And yeah, that parking lot at Regent and Preistman is terrible.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7464  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 1:26 PM
balfozz balfozz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 45
They have also cut down trees on the south side clover leaf regent street exit by the new condos
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7465  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 2:06 PM
Taeolas Taeolas is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 5,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
I believe they were the only bank with three southside branches. Everyone else has one branch downtown and one uptown.

And yeah, that parking lot at Regent and Preistman is terrible.
BMO has 3 Southside locations, but one is on the Campus so that may not 'really' count. I believe they are the official bank of UNB/STU or something so they might be the only ones allowed on there?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7466  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 3:59 PM
OliverD OliverD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,328
Saw this on Facebook and thought it was worth sharing. This is the Regent mall, probably in the early '80s.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7467  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 4:55 PM
trev71's Avatar
trev71 trev71 is offline
Any where but Fredericton
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
No arguments there; I hate going to that minimall on Priestman, whether I'm walking or driving.

There's always the Scotiabank on the North side; it's in the Eye Sore Minimall with the Red Lantern pub; parking isn't too bad there; but it does mean going to the North side.
Yup that is what I will end up doing. I am a north sider as well. I just liked driving down there on my break to get some US money and stuff for when I go away. Only time I go to that Regent/Priestman now is Monkey cakes

I guess when its put in that way we don't really need three scotia banks in Fredericton. Just feel bad for the people who may lose their jobs
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7468  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 5:08 PM
KnoxfordGuy's Avatar
KnoxfordGuy KnoxfordGuy is offline
New Brunswick booster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,241
That is an amazing picture!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7469  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 7:17 PM
Blue Blazer's Avatar
Blue Blazer Blue Blazer is offline
The Sheriff
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Yup that is what I will end up doing. I am a north sider as well. I just liked driving down there on my break to get some US money and stuff for when I go away. Only time I go to that Regent/Priestman now is Monkey cakes

I guess when its put in that way we don't really need three scotia banks in Fredericton. Just feel bad for the people who may lose their jobs

Put your money under your mattress, or in a coffee can only suckers use banks
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7470  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 9:38 PM
MooCowMilk MooCowMilk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 32
Is it the Regent Mall? When was the RCMP offices built? It is tall enough you'd think you can see it through the trees I think.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7471  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 10:08 PM
Taeolas Taeolas is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 5,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooCowMilk View Post
Is it the Regent Mall? When was the RCMP offices built? It is tall enough you'd think you can see it through the trees I think.
Angle is wrong to see the RCMP buildings if they existed. They're further to the left.

Plus IIRC, Walmart extended the store to the left as well, so that end of the mall is shorter than it is now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7472  
Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 10:10 PM
MooCowMilk MooCowMilk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 32
Now that I think about it, when Woolco went belly up in Canada, wasn't it Walmart that bought up the old spots? Makes sense it is the Regent Mall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7473  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 12:58 AM
Freddypop's Avatar
Freddypop Freddypop is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Go Pats!
Posts: 2,344
Yes that is the Regent Mall...Woolco was converted to a Walmart when they bought the chain out decades ago
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7474  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 12:24 PM
cl812's Avatar
cl812 cl812 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Posts: 1,513
Pretty sure the RCMP building was built in the late 80s or early 90s, so likely wasnt there the time that picture was taken. Used to be at the Government House on the Woodstock Rd.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7475  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 1:34 PM
Twinkies's Avatar
Twinkies Twinkies is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Interesting that bank is usually pretty busy. I wonder what made them want to close that one over the Regent and Presimen Street location
Many locations cost a lot of money.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7476  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 4:51 PM
Taeolas Taeolas is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 5,111
They're doing a major face lift inside the Kings Place location; I suspect they want that one to be the main Freddy branch to show off the new looks too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7477  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 10:46 PM
Freddypop's Avatar
Freddypop Freddypop is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Go Pats!
Posts: 2,344
Was told today by an employee that the BNS on Main St just signed a new 5-year lease. Previous thought was that they would relocate somewhere else on the north-side but that option is now dead.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7478  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 12:16 PM
trev71's Avatar
trev71 trev71 is offline
Any where but Fredericton
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
Was told today by an employee that the BNS on Main St just signed a new 5-year lease. Previous thought was that they would relocate somewhere else on the north-side but that option is now dead.
That 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 I was kind of hoping for a new location. That would have cleaned that area up real nice
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7479  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 12:22 PM
Taeolas Taeolas is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 5,111
Agreed. That minimall is an eyesore that isn't improving any time soon.

Just across the road, next to the Shoppers Drug Mart mall, they've cleared the forest out to prepare the land for development; that would've been a great spot for a bank branch. (Then again, TD may have already pegged that spot since they're the only ones without a full branch on the North Side)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7480  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 1:15 PM
trev71's Avatar
trev71 trev71 is offline
Any where but Fredericton
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Agreed. That minimall is an eyesore that isn't improving any time soon.

Just across the road, next to the Shoppers Drug Mart mall, they've cleared the forest out to prepare the land for development; that would've been a great spot for a bank branch. (Then again, TD may have already pegged that spot since they're the only ones without a full branch on the North Side)
Nice I was kind of wishing Scotia bank was going to move into the old Canadian Tire building. I guess I shouldn't complain I am only there to get money and leave. I was in Moncton a little while ago and really liked the drive tru bank machine they had on Trinty Drive for Scotiabank

on a different note any word on when Sherwin Williams is opening
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.