HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4461  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 6:46 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
Is there a final list of what businesses will be coming to the new development in superstore east land?
the only other one I know for sure is Joe Fresh.
     
     
  #4462  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 7:41 PM
brithgob brithgob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 833
I don't think we have a full list yet for the Superstore North development. In that one, Swiss Chalet/Harvey's opened right after Christmas and I think Montana's is open there too. There's also Pet Valu. Scotiabank is coming.
     
     
  #4463  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 8:39 PM
Chorduroy's Avatar
Chorduroy Chorduroy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YQR
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
I don't think we have a full list yet for the Superstore North development. In that one, Swiss Chalet/Harvey's opened right after Christmas and I think Montana's is open there too. There's also Pet Valu. Scotiabank is coming.
Harvey's was a major disappointment. I was so excited for it, but it's barely above McDonald's level quality.
     
     
  #4464  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 9:10 PM
scotty c scotty c is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorduroy View Post
Harvey's was a major disappointment. I was so excited for it, but it's barely above McDonald's level quality.
Wow you're being kind. The time I had Harvey's I'd have ranked it last, just below hospital cafeteria. I could taste the sawdust in my burger I think.

The onion rings were okay.
     
     
  #4465  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 9:18 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty c View Post
Wow you're being kind. The time I had Harvey's I'd have ranked it last, just below hospital cafeteria. I could taste the sawdust in my burger I think..
I stopped at the east Home Depot location a few times and it was just greased up garbage. It was a welcome change to see Subway take the location over.
     
     
  #4466  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 9:27 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
Is there a final list of what businesses will be coming to the new development in superstore east land?

Sorry when I said Joe Fresh, I thought you were talking about the Golden mile Superstore re-development.

At Eastgate Crossing, it looks like it is mostly leased. I believe there will be 2 banks, including a ScotiaBank. Also a Famoso and possibly a Canadian Brewhouse.

It looks like there are several restaurants.
     
     
  #4467  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 12:51 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Sorry when I said Joe Fresh, I thought you were talking about the Golden mile Superstore re-development.

At Eastgate Crossing, it looks like it is mostly leased. I believe there will be 2 banks, including a ScotiaBank. Also a Famoso and possibly a Canadian Brewhouse.

It looks like there are several restaurants.
Definitely another Canadian Brewhouse. The other bank is TD.
     
     
  #4468  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 1:04 AM
Mike328 Mike328 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 262
Nice, thanks Stormer and BD2
     
     
  #4469  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 4:47 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
I was hoping that the city was going to set the the curb back a bit behind golden mile to allow for a proper bus stop area during this redevelopment but I am guessing the city isn't going to utilize this perfect time during demolition to do this?
     
     
  #4470  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 5:05 AM
Festivus Festivus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I was hoping that the city was going to set the the curb back a bit behind golden mile to allow for a proper bus stop area during this redevelopment but I am guessing the city isn't going to utilize this perfect time during demolition to do this?
Yeah that would be nice...but that would require investment in transit.
     
     
  #4471  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 5:28 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Yeah that would be nice...but that would require investment in transit.
GRRRRRR darn City of Regina not being on the ball with this one!!!!!! Would have been perfect to include a new transit terminal and widen the street!
     
     
  #4472  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 6:40 AM
Golks Golks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
GRRRRRR darn City of Regina not being on the ball with this one!!!!!! Would have been perfect to include a new transit terminal and widen the street!
So the city is supposed to delete the sidewalk and make it a parking spot for buses? Would peopel just hop down into the buses off of the retaining wall that holds up the parkinglot/driveway behind the mall? I am failing to see how this 'terminal' is even possible.
     
     
  #4473  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 6:42 AM
Golks Golks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
With regards to the new Superstore in the Golden Mile, truck access at the rear of the store will be extremely challenging. The narrow access, slope and the bus port behind there will be MOST challenging for semi-truck drivers.
There was a loading dock on the back side before with ample room to back in. I am sure they will position it in the same fashion when the build the new store.
     
     
  #4474  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 7:17 AM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golks View Post
So the city is supposed to delete the sidewalk and make it a parking spot for buses? Would peopel just hop down into the buses off of the retaining wall that holds up the parkinglot/driveway behind the mall? I am failing to see how this 'terminal' is even possible.
Well, Golks, they could take away a portion of the road behind the mall and add on to the road. They could redesign the back portion of the mall that pertains to the buses section. Many options could be designed and figured out. Obviously there would be a sidewalk for people to stand on. They could also move the bus spot altogether and move it to another part of the property like south of the golden mile.
     
     
  #4475  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 5:32 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Demo begins in advance of construction of International trade Centre at Evraz Place. Credit: Newstalk980 CJME

     
     
  #4476  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 6:22 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Demo begins in advance of construction of International trade Centre at Evraz Place. Credit: Newstalk980 CJME

I'd have almost expected them to get going immediately after Agribition.
     
     
  #4477  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 6:37 PM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,197
International Trade Centre - Evraz Place



Quick Facts:

Expected completion date of Fall, 2017
138,144 square foot facility which can be broken down into 3 multipurpose facilities
Multi-purpose Facility 1: 21,980 square feet
Multi-purpose Facility 2: 22,033 square feet
Multi-purpose Facility 3: 45,994 square feet
1 storey with mezzanine

Main circulation Promenade connects directly to Canada Centre via the Exhibit Mall to the West and the Ag-Ex Pavilion to the east.

40 feet wide Grand Promenade connecting the facility to the larger Evraz Place event spaces, including renovations to the Exhibit Mall to the west that connect to Canada Centre; Kitchen support spaces and a canteen, expanded washroom facilities, expansion space for office and VIP viewing/events on the mezzanine, storage and service areas, and facilties for cattle washing.

http://www.evrazplace.com/evraz/about_pages/international-trade-centre


Source
     
     
  #4478  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 9:23 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,295
Geez, are they ripping down the Agribition Building??!!! Damn. If so, then I feel very old! I remember when it opened.
     
     
  #4479  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2016, 10:23 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Geez, are they ripping down the Agribition Building??!!! Damn. If so, then I feel very old! I remember when it opened.
No it is covered by the picture in the site plan. Also you can see it in right side of the picture.
     
     
  #4480  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 8:45 AM
youngregina's Avatar
youngregina youngregina is offline
Edan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Victoria Park, Calgary
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Well, Golks, they could take away a portion of the road behind the mall and add on to the road. They could redesign the back portion of the mall that pertains to the buses section. Many options could be designed and figured out. Obviously there would be a sidewalk for people to stand on. They could also move the bus spot altogether and move it to another part of the property like south of the golden mile.
I wish there was a like button for this.

To be quite honest, the efficiency of the bus exchange will decrease due to the lack of any entrances built for people on that side of the redeveloped mall, unfortunately. I would imagine a large portion of Superstores patrons are literally within walking distance, and because these patrons don't need use a vehicle, would actually benefit people driving to the mall as there would inevitably be more parking stall time allotted to people from further away. Which would obviously benefit Superstore, as it would be so easy to accommodate all kinds of customers on this block.

This is a deplorable use of the space that be, and extremely poor planning practices were put into place with this redevelopment. A simple hallway cutting alongside the store to the front, or a secondary entrance would make all the difference. This would at least keep some active uses present on the 'back side' of the mall, and provide a more user friendly, and convenient experience for people who take transit.

This is an international and university student hotspot after-all.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:57 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.