Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee
Although it's hard to disagree with the Metro being a fiasco, I'm concerned that national media outlets such as NP seem to favor local writers who like to slam or embarrass their home city in front of a countrywide readership. (see: Colby Cosh).
|
I don't think he is slamming Edmonton, he is just bringing awareness to a huge problem that exists in Canada, which is the disregard for the efficient use of tax monies by public officials.
Canada, which is already beaucratically bloated and has wayyy to much government for a country of 35 000 000 people, naturally, over taxes its citizens. The new tax happy Liberal federal government is about to engage in a tax funded spending orgy on public transit. The writer was simply pointing out the before they do this, they should look into the Metro Line boondoggle, because it is a classic example of how public officials take tax monies for granted which results is financial waste, lack of efficiency, little to no accountability and mediocre infrastructure.
I didn't feel the writer was embarrassing or slamming Edmonton. Not at all. I thought it was a great piece, and I hope Edmonton's elected official read it and learn from it.