I'm thinking we'll hear of fresh proposals for 2-3 supertalls near to and along 57th street (Shvo tower?), 2-3 supertalls in the Upper East Side (BIG mystery tower?), a couple more within the midtown east rezoning area and another couple elsewhere in midtown. We might also get one more new one in the Hudson Yards district too.
We'll get renderings for the Zaha Hadid supertall, the SHoP supertalls, 335 Madison, Tishman Spire, 31 W. 57th and a bunch of other likely or confirmed supertalls I can't recall right now. We're likely get at least one more +1500ft tower confirmed too.
I'm hoping that we can breach the 1776 barrier and that 15 Penn Plaza signs a large tenant within the next 12 months, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Both will happen when the stars are right and we can afford to be patient.
145 East 60th, 340 Flatbush, Tishman Spire, One Park Lane and 335 Madison will likely be in site prep one year from now.
2 WTC, 1 & 2 Manhattan West, 50 Hudson Yards, 3 Hudson Boulevard, One Vanderbilt, 111 W57th and 125 Greenwich street will all be past the foundation phase in December 2016 and we might see more large towers join them yet.
I'd say that this year is the best and most active one of the boom so far, but next year is going to be even better.