HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8561  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 7:10 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I can''t find a photo but I believe it has a new(er) facade. The building is actually much older than it appears. Of possible, it would be great to see that hideous facade get stripped.
She is no looker that is for sure:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@52.1324089,-...dvtRlJfHPsXOA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Must have been a warehouse:

Features historic timber beams and posts throughout
     
     
  #8562  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 9:41 PM
Toontone Toontone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 85
Casbah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
She is no looker that is for sure:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@52.1324089,-...dvtRlJfHPsXOA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Must have been a warehouse:

Features historic timber beams and posts throughout
I stand to be corrected but was this not (in it's earlier life) The Casbah night club back in the late 70's? Quite sure I recall being there a few times.
     
     
  #8563  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 10:31 PM
drm310's Avatar
drm310 drm310 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 650
According to Colliers, it was built in 1926 as a warehouse.

http://www.collierscanada.com/14461#.VkUTBJeL51A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontone View Post
I stand to be corrected but was this not (in it's earlier life) The Casbah night club back in the late 70's? Quite sure I recall being there a few times.
     
     
  #8564  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 11:14 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm310 View Post
According to Colliers, it was built in 1926 as a warehouse.

http://www.collierscanada.com/14461#.VkUTBJeL51A

Apparently there is 1930's picture of it at SPL, but the link is broken. MacDonald's Consolidated warehouse
     
     
  #8565  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 2:49 AM
gowest gowest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 368
Egadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Apparently there is 1930's picture of it at SPL, but the link is broken. MacDonald's Consolidated warehouse
Most of the larger buildings along 1st Ave were built as warehouses because the CN rail yards spanned the entire length of 1st.
     
     
  #8566  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 3:22 AM
n8o n8o is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I noticed on the Colliers website that they're hunting for an "artisan coffee shop" to open up in the ground floor space of the small addition being added to the Zu.com building at 24th St and Pacific Ave: http://www.collierscanada.com/18136#

This would be a nice addition to the Warehouse District.
Sounds like the lease has been signed by a local coffeeshop. Don't know if it's going to move or be a second location. Should bring the area some needed energy at ground level.
     
     
  #8567  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 3:06 PM
Echoes's Avatar
Echoes Echoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 4,534
^ Good stuff!
__________________
SASKATOON PHOTO TOURS
2013: [Part I] [Part II] | [2014] | [2016] | [2022-26]
     
     
  #8568  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 3:07 PM
Echoes's Avatar
Echoes Echoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 4,534
The construction crane for the Children's Hospital is going up today. Watch on the webcam: http://www.earthcam.net/projects/childrenshospitalofsaskatchewan/

It looks like in the background there's a base for another crane - will there be two?
__________________
SASKATOON PHOTO TOURS
2013: [Part I] [Part II] | [2014] | [2016] | [2022-26]
     
     
  #8569  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 3:17 PM
The Bess The Bess is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 891
Quote:
Toontone Toontone is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 38
Casbah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
She is no looker that is for sure:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@52.13240...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Must have been a warehouse:

Features historic timber beams and posts throughout
I stand to be corrected but was this not (in it's earlier life) The Casbah night club back in the late 70's? Quite sure I recall being there a few times.

am surprised you can remember the seventies but yes it was the Casbah I think something else before that owned by Don Yip who owned Yips and Jacks on second.
     
     
  #8570  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2015, 6:48 PM
dsmmace dsmmace is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 423
The last plan I heard was two cranes at the Children's Hospital.
     
     
  #8571  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 12:40 PM
Measuring Stick Measuring Stick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 142
May have been mentioned before not sure. But the old Mint space on Broadway has signage starting to go up for a new pub called the Burning Beard. Looking forward to a new pub space on the block as the Yard and Flagon has continued to decline in quality in my opinion.
     
     
  #8572  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 3:26 PM
dac717 dac717 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 20
Clarence and Taylor

Anyone know what is going in at Taylor and Clarence where the Tempo gas station used to be? They remediated the site over the last couple months and now I see a LEASED sign up.
     
     
  #8573  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 3:35 PM
Echoes's Avatar
Echoes Echoes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 4,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmace View Post
The last plan I heard was two cranes at the Children's Hospital.
You're correct. Two cranes are up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measuring Stick View Post
May have been mentioned before not sure. But the old Mint space on Broadway has signage starting to go up for a new pub called the Burning Beard. Looking forward to a new pub space on the block as the Yard and Flagon has continued to decline in quality in my opinion.
That's great news! Broadway nightlife really needs a shot in the arm.
__________________
SASKATOON PHOTO TOURS
2013: [Part I] [Part II] | [2014] | [2016] | [2022-26]
     
     
  #8574  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 3:44 PM
macca's Avatar
macca macca is offline
the heat goes on
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 712
New tenant for former Macdougal Gaulley bldg:

http://rydeyxe.ca/
     
     
  #8575  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2015, 5:01 PM
mark_b mark_b is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Anyone heard any news or rumours on what else might be going into Meadows Market? I have read there is a lot of speculation going around but have heard nothing myself. Only thing I have heard of is a possible theatre.
     
     
  #8576  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 3:38 AM
Toontone Toontone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 85
I give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
New tenant for former Macdougal Gaulley bldg:

http://rydeyxe.ca/

Okay I give up.......Gym? Workout place, bike shop? No clue really.
     
     
  #8577  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 4:18 AM
Irvin Irvin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 134
Housing starts - October

Saskatoon - single family 63, multiple fam - 83 total for the month 146
YTD - now at 1801

Regina - total for Oct- 94 YTD - 1324
     
     
  #8578  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 7:49 AM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontone View Post
Okay I give up.......Gym? Workout place, bike shop? No clue really.
It's a cycle studio.
     
     
  #8579  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 4:32 PM
Crisis's Avatar
Crisis Crisis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
It's a cycle studio.
Could you explain the workings of a cycle studio? Music studio, I understand. Yoga studio as well for that matter. But cycle studio?

I thought cycling was primarily an outdoor activity. Indoor spin classes? Bike shop? The website doesn't add a lot of clarity.
     
     
  #8580  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 5:45 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Could you explain the workings of a cycle studio? Music studio, I understand. Yoga studio as well for that matter. But cycle studio?

I thought cycling was primarily an outdoor activity. Indoor spin classes? Bike shop? The website doesn't add a lot of clarity.
I'm not sure exactly of the form that Ryde is going to take, but here is a good overview of the story behind YYC Cycle in Calgary. Perhaps Ryde will offer an experience similar to this Calgary studio? I guess we'll see.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:51 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.