Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7
You're right that O&D demand isn't everything - I don't recall anyone actually ever saying that.
But to dismiss some analysis of the route as petty or negative is just weird. "out provincers" or even "out of country-ers" are still entitled to post on here when they can make a valid point (or even if they can't).
|
Fantastic, ground breaking analysis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7
....but I'd be surprised if it lasts very long. I'm generously giving it 5 years. Either that or AC pull out of NRT.
|
Weekly flights to China ex-YVR next summer: 75+
Currently from YYC (read: Alberta): 0
Do you think that maybe more than a few of those flights from YVR are propped up by the Alberta(and points east)-->YVR-->China traveller? No? You're in luck, then, just so happens I'm putting a bridge on the market... O&D, in the most pure sense of the term, doesn't a route make. If so, YVR wouldn't have
infinite more Chinese flights than YYC. The gap is huge, but not
that huge.
I agree with you that it'll be an interesting litmus test of sorts, but my point is that it's being given a death sentence before even starting. Hell, has it even been 100% confirmed yet? I'll believe it only when I see it on my radar.

Timing could also be an issue but at least someone jumped at the opportunity. We all know it was only a matter of time. True, we all expected it to be Air Canada, just not so soon, and definitely not a competitor. That's what makes it interesting, but not "shocking" or "preposterous".