HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2941  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:40 AM
mctnguy mctnguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I was thinking the location vacated by Panago could be filled up by a Five Guys or even Krispy Kreme.
I'd like to see a Battered Fish or a Smokes Poutinerie Although I really need to lay off the fried food... ugh.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2942  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 3:36 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,375
There's something afoot at Mapleton Crossing.

There is excavation work going on, and footings are being installed in the lot adjacent to Princess Auto.

Earlier this year, there had been a request for variance at the PAC to allow a gas station/coffee shop in this location. I would imagine that's what's happening.......

This is a good location for a service type facility like this as it is immediately adjacent to the Mapleton exit from the TCH.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2943  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 5:23 PM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
It looks like the conversion of the former Target location at the Northwest Centre to Canadian Tire is beginning. The exterior cladding is starting to come off.......
I had asked them at the other store when they were opening when I got my fishing licience earlier in the spring. At that point they were not sure if it would be fall or spring, my guess is early spring. I don't know how much work they have already done inside though, so it's tough to say.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2944  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:00 PM
bigrivernb bigrivernb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post


I did a reverse look-up of the image you've been trying to post, found the URL but haven't been able to find a way to post it directly for you (it might be because it's using an https server). In any event, I did a screen capture and put it on my photobucket account so that it could be posted here:



You should try either photobucket or imgur. These two sites make it easy to post your photos on on-line forums.

Nice photo BTW, it shows the progress at BPS really well.
Thank you. I'm not a computer savie person. But that's the pic...It was when the signage was going on. A bit of an update....Ill get this photo thing eventually...lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2945  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:02 PM
bigrivernb bigrivernb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
I sent a email to Tagner Outlets to see what their feedback will be on the possible construction of an outlet center here in Moncton.

Also I cant wait to hear the news on tomorrow's press conference for Bass Pro Shops.

Does anyone know the possible opening date of the new Sports Chek at the Northwest Center.

Also can't wait what the future holds for the retail future of our fair City and I was thinking the location vacated by Panago could be filled up by a Five Guys or even Krispy Kreme.
Looks Like October 8th for Bass Pro.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2946  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:12 PM
bigrivernb bigrivernb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 142
Smart Set at champlain mall is now closed...sign gone....empty lights out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2947  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:27 PM
micks5477's Avatar
micks5477 micks5477 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrivernb View Post
Looks Like October 8th for Bass Pro.
The opening is now posted on their Facebook. "October 7th, Conservation Night is the opening celebrations. The 8th through the 11h is the Grand Opening with more surprises!"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2948  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 11:49 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,375


This looks like their own in-store incarnation of the Hopewell Rocks!

I predict this place will be an absolute zoo during their grand opening celebrations.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2949  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 12:19 AM
josh_cat_eyes's Avatar
josh_cat_eyes josh_cat_eyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 2,766
I don't know how they are going to fit all the cars in the parking lot when they open!! Maybe the plaza on Paul street next to shoppers will have a shuttle to their empty parking lot haha.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2950  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 12:23 AM
bigrivernb bigrivernb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post


This looks like their own in-store incarnation of the Hopewell Rocks!

I predict this place will be an absolute zoo during their grand opening celebrations.
Hopwell scale is what it is...I was speaking to a insider a while ago who was working on the mock up. everything inside will look just like the real thing...they even had workers reattaching real bark to the fake trees....The work will be AWW inspiring. notice the water fall in behind the rocks....tide is rushing in..lol. Not sure you all Noticed the large boat a while ago in the parking lot? well its a ceiling feature now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2951  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 1:37 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
BPS is coming up nicely and is mostly done. They really did step up their game. Looks great BTW, such a nice addition to the region. It will be a fierce battle between BPS and Cabela's. Stay tuned I guess.

In the automotive world. I see that they started building the new Audi & VW dealership in front of the airport, that's a long time coming. It will be great to have new facilities since the old location is outdated. Audi and VW will now have their own buildings however.

As for Subaru of Moncton, they are now part of the Steele group based in Halifax. I find this move interesting and I expect that they might bring other brands to Moncton perhaps; they have Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo in Halifax so who knows. I could see Infiniti coming to Moncton before these brands however, I say that because we don't have that brand presently in NB. I don't really like those cars (Infiniti) but that's just my opinion. I really like Volvo, but we have one in Fredericton and Volvo in general is very low volume.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2952  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 1:39 PM
OliverD OliverD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
As for Subaru of Moncton, they are now part of the Steele group based in Halifax. I find this move interesting and I expect that they might to bring other brands to Moncton; they have Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo in Halifax so who knows.
And Porsche.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2953  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 1:51 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
And Porsche.
Yes, but I doubt that we have the market and mass here for this brand. Porsche is also owned by the VW Group and that's Dieppe Auto in our region. If Porsche comes here it will be brought by the Lounsbury group with the Audi and VW brands.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2954  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 2:05 PM
OliverD OliverD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Yes, but I doubt that we have the market and mass here for this brand. Porsche is also owned by the VW Group and that's Dieppe Auto in our region. If Porsche comes here it will be brought by the Lounsbury group with the Audi and VW brands.
I know Porsche isn't coming to NB anytime soon either but I doubt that Porsche being owned by VW has much bearing on anything in terms of dealer ownership.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2955  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 3:59 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,375
There was an article in the T&T today regarding the Bass Pro Shops grand opening date. There were two interesting tidbits of information buried in the article.

- At the base of that recreation of the Hopewell Rocks, there will be a 12,000 gallon aquarium containing all sorts of native fish species. An aquarium that size is as big as a typical in ground swimming pool!

- The BPS at Champlain will be the second largest of the four current Canadian stores. Only the BPS at Vaughan Mills (north of Toronto) is larger.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2956  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 5:29 PM
L'homard L'homard is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,055
I heard BPS boostign their 12,000 gallon aquarium but I think they mean 1,200 because that's the aquarium in The Rocks simulation, and it ain't no 12,000 gallons.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2957  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 6:02 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
I haven't seen the tank they are talking about but I believe it's 12 000 gallons and not 1200 gallons, 1200 gallons is quite small, it's about the size of a rural home septic tank, not a big tank if you ask me.
We will know soon enough.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2958  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 7:37 PM
micks5477's Avatar
micks5477 micks5477 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Moncton
Posts: 371
Some of the current pictures of Bass Pro Shop. I think that competition for customers between BPS vs Cabela's will be interesting. However, with BPS having ATv's, boats, fish tanks..etc. will attact more customers. More families shopping while their kids look at the fish, ATV's and boats.













Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2959  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2015, 11:12 AM
stephan.richard's Avatar
stephan.richard stephan.richard is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saint Antoine
Posts: 587
Folks its official that on the corner of TCH and Mapleton close to Princess Auto that it will be a Ultramar and a Premium Coffee outlet and they expect to hire at least 30 people at that place at Mapleton Crossing.

I hope that Cordova can fill in that spot with more retail options in that area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2960  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2015, 11:50 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,375


By "premium", do you mean Starbucks? That was my guess.......
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.