HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3721  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 5:23 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
So basically just a wall of ATMs?
Yeah, I guess so. Times are a-changin'.
     
     
  #3722  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 5:38 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,047
I have to eat a bit of crow on the paving over the tree boxes on Hamilton and 11th. Apparently there will be 4 new tree boxes. I am pretty sure this is far less than there once were, but at least its something. I did not notice any soil cells going in. I believe there is only one tree left on the entire 18 block off Hamilton and the entire 19 block of 11th. Tragic really. These 2 views show the area in 2009:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4498452,-...uBkY7nhEaGEEA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4503844,-...ENuggVLaWrczA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1


and May 2015:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4498324,-...5s20150501T000000!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4503844,-...5s20150501T000000!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
     
     
  #3723  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 6:29 PM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Really? Wow that was quick. Which floors? Which floors are vacant? Do we know when Green Spot is moving?
I'm not sure the precise floors - they will definitely have the floors around the bridge to the FCC Tower (only makes sense). My bet is they have the floors starting at the top, working down (plus space on the main level for the print shop).

I'll do a bit of digging.

Not sure when Green Spot is moving. I have heard that there will be a gym in the building - primary target is tenants (FCC, Stantec & CIBC), but membership will not be restricted.
__________________
@drofmab
     
     
  #3724  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 6:42 PM
HomeInMyShoes's Avatar
HomeInMyShoes HomeInMyShoes is offline
arf
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: File 13
Posts: 14,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I have to eat a bit of crow on the paving over the tree boxes on Hamilton and 11th. Apparently there will be 4 new tree boxes. I am pretty sure this is far less than there once were, but at least its something. I did not notice any soil cells going in. I believe there is only one tree left on the entire 18 block off Hamilton and the entire 19 block of 11th. Tragic really. These 2 views show the area in 2009:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4498452,-...uBkY7nhEaGEEA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4503844,-...ENuggVLaWrczA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

and May 2015:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4498324,-...5s20150501T000000!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.4503844,-...5s20150501T000000!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

That is just lousy.
__________________

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss
     
     
  #3725  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 6:45 PM
UrbanClimate's Avatar
UrbanClimate UrbanClimate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Hamilton Street

Here are a few more photos of Hamilton Street, from two days ago. The recent construction of two major office towers on the same city block has unfortunately met with significant tree removal. Hopefully when all the infrastructure work is complete, the City will re-green Hamilton Street.



Street-level façade of Ag Place tower:




Looking up to 7th-floor pedway:




Work on Conexus Plaza, sans arbres:


     
     
  #3726  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 7:09 PM
Chorduroy's Avatar
Chorduroy Chorduroy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YQR
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanClimate View Post
Here are a few more photos of Hamilton Street, from two days ago. The recent construction of two major office towers on the same city block has unfortunately met with significant tree removal. Hopefully when all the infrastructure work is complete, the City will re-green Hamilton Street.

Awesome shots! This one is Regina's only "urban canyon" ...
     
     
  #3727  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 7:59 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorduroy View Post
Awesome shots! This one is Regina's only "urban canyon" ...
I agree that it's the best one for sure, but 11th also has a decent canyon effect.
     
     
  #3728  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 10:38 PM
thefourthtower thefourthtower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rueannatta
Posts: 2,597
Thank you Urban Climate for the pictures as always , it just goes to show what the city has built during the Rushed boom Six major towers , a downtown renewed , a new stadium , we cant wait to see what the rail yards bring , could there be another tower in the works it could happen

Last edited by thefourthtower; Sep 4, 2015 at 11:57 PM.
     
     
  #3729  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 11:54 PM
thefourthtower thefourthtower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rueannatta
Posts: 2,597
htBy Andrew Shepherd // September 2, 2015 - 5:18pm
Updated: September 3, 2015 - 1:33pm


Finishing touches still need to be done, but students are set to move into the new residence towers at the University of Regina this weekend.

The Kīšik Towers are the tallest on campus rising to 14 floors with a wonderful view of Wascana Lake below Regina’s skyline. Kīšik means ‘sky’ in the indigenous

http://cjme.com/tag/university-regina
     
     
  #3730  
Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 1:38 AM
UrbanClimate's Avatar
UrbanClimate UrbanClimate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Stadium rising

Wednesday's view of new stadium, from the downtown pedway over 11th Avenue:

     
     
  #3731  
Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 5:10 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,280
I love that angle! I didn't realize it would line up so well.
     
     
  #3732  
Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 10:50 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,295
Hamilton Street sure has a 'big city' appearance nowadays! I hope there will be trees planted though.
     
     
  #3733  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 3:38 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,389
I can see Goodlife being the gym in Agriculture Place to compete with Gold's on Scarth.
     
     
  #3734  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 3:47 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 2,389
I can see Goodlife being the gym in Agriculture Place to compete with Gold's on Scarth.
     
     
  #3735  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 3:50 AM
UrbanClimate's Avatar
UrbanClimate UrbanClimate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Stadium

Here's a few shots from yesterday's public tour of the stadium:







     
     
  #3736  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 5:35 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I can see Goodlife being the gym in Agriculture Place to compete with Gold's on Scarth.
Harvard has other gyms in their buildings, I can't see why they would make one a chain gym.
     
     
  #3737  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 5:44 AM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
Harvard has other gyms in their buildings, I can't see why they would make one a chain gym.
Are any of the others open to the public? Could be a difference-maker if it is unique from their others in that sense? (Can't find it now, but I thought I remembered reading that this one might be).
     
     
  #3738  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 5:46 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Are any of the others open to the public? Could be a difference-maker if it is unique from their others in that sense? (Can't find it now, but I thought I remembered reading that this one might be).
No. They're a perk for Harvard tenants.
     
     
  #3739  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 6:15 PM
babo's Avatar
babo babo is offline
Regina rhymes with fun!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I don't like elevators.
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanClimate View Post
Wednesday's view of new stadium, from the downtown pedway over 11th Avenue:
It's just wrong seeing two-way traffic on 11th Avenue.
     
     
  #3740  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 10:44 PM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 1,063
Good to see a heritage building in Regina getting some attention.

Darke Hall at the U of R set to receive a [$4 million] facelift
http://globalnews.ca/news/2209518/2209518/?hootPostID=0abdc866cc01493228aa0a11b0be6d04
__________________
@drofmab
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.