Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokimon
These deep pit shoring is truly a science in itself. I think almost a third of the adjacent building can simply sit in that hole which goes to show how deep it is in relation to the bldgs height.
I do wonder, the rigs that bore the holes prior to excavating, I don't recall the drilling element being 7 storeys high or am I wrong? I used to think they would have to come back to site midway into the dig to install more shoring piles. The case of Place 10, the pit was staggered in such that this was necessary after P1 or P2. Can these rigs really bore in 7 or more stories deep in one go? Its quite impressive indeed.
I think for any ideas of what this tower will look like, I refer to the one being built in NY, the windows and cladding being used there will gauge what Telus Sky will look like, and as for the LEDs I think this project will not use cheap — strips made from here or China but high quality long lasting all weather durable types that are from Scandinavia. Therefore i believe the lighting elements on this will truly be built to last and will help make this a definite winner..'
How many cranes do you think this will need? 1 or 2 Luffers? Maybe the heavy duty Favco ones?
|
crane program will be interesting at first, fairly typical of all-concrete construction beyond construction at grade. Boki, you should learn about drilling rigs, both for foundation work and for oil drilling. I think you would be fascinated. Large diameter caisson drilling can reach enormous depths these days. Oil drilling rigs drill to depths that would probably blow your mind.