HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2015, 5:50 PM
eternallyme eternallyme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAnKs View Post
I even wonder why it wasn't completed few decades ago already... I mean, the NB side has a dual-carriageway for a while ( I think )

You get here a good example for Quebec of a province that doesn't focus on REAL priorities...I mean as a province of 8.3M, we should be at forefront in infrastructures IMO.

In 2020 I will be.... 32 if you ask

Though, A85 is already one of my favourite Autoroute in the province. Very scenic. Some views are epic aswell, such as looking down a steep grade and seeing a huge lake
The highway through New Brunswick I believe was essentially complete in 2006 or so. Before the 1990s, however, it was largely a 2 lane highway that was narrow and winding - and VERY dangerous.

I believe the first section - Amherst to Moncton - was built in the early 1990s, and Moncton to Sussex around 1998 (part of that was itself bypassed). Other sections were added in the late 1990s and early 2000s, with the last section completed in 2007.

Once we get to 2020, it should be a TCH freeway from Renfrew to Antigonish, a distance of about 1,700 km.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:50 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.