HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8441  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 9:13 PM
Hallsy's Toupee's Avatar
Hallsy's Toupee Hallsy's Toupee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,895
I presume that's for the Sun Toyota space?
     
     
  #8442  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 9:57 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,128
West my friend
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #8443  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 11:08 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Rumour mill of the day, proposal for one of the car dealerships on whyte, 2 mid-rise I believe.
Please let the rumour be true.

Please let a real architect be involved.
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
     
     
  #8444  
Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 11:52 PM
Hallsy's Toupee's Avatar
Hallsy's Toupee Hallsy's Toupee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
I presume that's for the Sun Toyota space?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
West my friend
Even better!

I've always hated how Wheaton hogs up 3 blocks of Whyte Ave that generates all that dead space. My only concern is that two midrises will likely not go over well with the usual Old Strathcona NIMBYs. The Toyota site would probably have less neighborhood resistance and bring more people to East Whyte.
     
     
  #8445  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:41 AM
Hardhatdan Hardhatdan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
Even better!

I've always hated how Wheaton hogs up 3 blocks of Whyte Ave that generates all that dead space. My only concern is that two midrises will likely not go over well with the usual Old Strathcona NIMBYs. The Toyota site would probably have less neighborhood resistance and bring more people to East Whyte.
Missed opportunity with that new medical building just east of Sun...same reasoning applies.


Wheaton is mecca compared to Edmonton motors on jasper.
     
     
  #8446  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 1:17 PM
SHOFEAR's Avatar
SHOFEAR SHOFEAR is offline
DRINK
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: City Of Champions
Posts: 8,211
I don't mind having a dealership in an urban area, infact, I wish there was an Audi dealership downtown as it would be pretty convenient for me. I look forward to losing those and getting another coffee joint, tanning salon, subway and noodle house...big improvement.
__________________
Lana. Lana. Lana? LANA! Danger Zone
     
     
  #8447  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 2:40 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
Looks like they changed the www.ead.ca webcam view:

     
     
  #8448  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 3:30 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
They just did a big retrofit of Wheaton not too long ago did they not ?
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #8449  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 3:45 PM
etown etown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
They just did a big retrofit of Wheaton not too long ago did they not ?
yes - unfortunately not retaining most of the original cool retro exterior

I imagine this new development would be on the Hugh McColls Pontiac/Buick site.
     
     
  #8450  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 3:47 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
I don't mind having a dealership in an urban area, infact, I wish there was an Audi dealership downtown as it would be pretty convenient for me. I look forward to losing those and getting another coffee joint, tanning salon, subway and noodle house...big improvement.
I am surprised that we have not seen an urban Audi, Porsche or BMW dealership.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #8451  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 3:56 PM
kcantor kcantor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
I don't mind having a dealership in an urban area, infact, I wish there was an Audi dealership downtown as it would be pretty convenient for me. I look forward to losing those and getting another coffee joint, tanning salon, subway and noodle house...big improvement.
__________________
"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee
     
     
  #8452  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 4:03 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,128
Burrard Audi in Van across from downtown on Burrard and 2nd.


https://andrewholliday.files.wordpress.com
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #8453  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 4:04 PM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
I don't mind having a dealership in an urban area, infact, I wish there was an Audi dealership downtown as it would be pretty convenient for me. I look forward to losing those and getting another coffee joint, tanning salon, subway and noodle house...big improvement.
That combination of stores 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 the soul right out of me.
     
     
  #8454  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 4:14 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
I am surprised that we have not seen an urban Audi, Porsche or BMW dealership.
Volvo was toying with it but didn't follow through
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #8455  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:12 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,128
Infill Development Edmonton Association (IDEA) has their AGM tonight.

530-8pm

10042-103st (DECL space)

Feel free to come say hi, sign up and or volunteer.

http://infilledmonton.com
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #8456  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:33 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Well so far the backers of this industry lobby group have managed to abandon a construction site in Parkdale and break the amended zoning bylaws that they pushed to change in Wstmount

Can't wait to see what this group of amateur developers will come up with next :p
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #8457  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:50 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Kelly Ramsey Tower ‏@KellyRamseyYEG 2h2 hours ago
This system transports cement from the ground to our top level (blue pipe) for highly efficient delivery. #yeg #yegdt



https://twitter.com/KellyRamseyYEG
     
     
  #8458  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:55 PM
240glt's Avatar
240glt 240glt is offline
HVAC guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: YEG -> -> -> Nelson BC
Posts: 11,297
Pretty much everyone's using a concrete lift for high rise construction these days
__________________
Short term pain for long term gain
     
     
  #8459  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:57 PM
hilman's Avatar
hilman hilman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Symphony Tower ‏@SymphonyTower
About 1000 loads of fill will be taken off site including our 4 story parkade #buildingamasterpiece #yegdt

https://twitter.com/SymphonyTower
     
     
  #8460  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:59 PM
EdmTrekker EdmTrekker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,247
Interesting find on APC:

Extract: This RFQ issued on behalf of Galleria Phase 1 Dev. Co Ltd. (GDL) is to experienced architectural consultancies that will fulfil the role of Consultant for Review of the Program Report and Concept Development for the University of Alberta School of Music and Department of Art and Design proposed to be located in the downtown Edmonton Galleria Project and defined as Package 1, Site C. There will be two separate RFQs issued addressing the Site defined as A and B – Retail, Office, Residential, Hotel (Package 2- issued as an invitational RFQ) and Site D and E Performance Hall (Package 3) – refer to embedded site plan.

http://vendor.purchasingconnection.ca/Opportunity.aspx?Guid=1EDF1762-6C88-426F-8775-340DFED96327&
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.