HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7681  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 6:53 PM
BenKatzPhillytoParis BenKatzPhillytoParis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
I've seen renderings of it (as well as other posters I think) - it's completely in-scale with the height and context of the other buildings. I must admit I wasn't overwhelmed or underwhelmed - just whelmed. I wouldn't hold your breath for anything game changing - it's going to amount to $1Billion in-fill.
Wait, renderings on here? I know GarCastle posted photos of what seemed to be outdated massing models, but I recall no renderings. Am I missing something?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7682  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 7:13 PM
Philly Fan Philly Fan is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Wait, renderings on here? I know GarCastle posted photos of what seemed to be outdated massing models, but I recall no renderings. Am I missing something?
There have been no renderings--or drawings or designs of any kind for that matter--of a Foster-designed HUP structure posted in this forum (or anywhere public, to my knowledge). My understanding is that this is still fairly early in the design stage. I'm also pretty sure that Foster + Partners had nothing to do with the massing models of which photos WERE posted here by our man GarCastle.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7683  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 7:18 PM
iheartphilly's Avatar
iheartphilly iheartphilly is offline
Philly Rising Up!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: motherEarth
Posts: 3,263
Some shots of past and current construction in Philly on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/CCAPhiladelphia
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7684  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 7:35 PM
sayitaintso sayitaintso is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
The Roost project is underway. They are rehabbing a building on chestnut and its been going on for a while- I didn't know what was going on there until I read something about this Roost concept a few weeks back.

The aloft project is in the long vacant building at broad and arch. They applied for state funds, but I think they were denied. There have been very few details about this project.
Hmm I live on the 1900 block and I've seen nothing? Not even dumpsters do you know which building, north or south side of sreet
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7685  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 7:43 PM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Wait, renderings on here? I know GarCastle posted photos of what seemed to be outdated massing models, but I recall no renderings. Am I missing something?
Top Secret photos, straight from the source. I'm sure they'll be released soon - again don't hold your breath.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7686  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 8:39 PM
dennistaylor dennistaylor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
City Hall not in tallest buildings diagrams?

Why is City Hall not appearing in the diagrams of tall buildings in Philadelphia?
It's well over 500 feet.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7687  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 8:56 PM
Outta here's Avatar
Outta here Outta here is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 1060 W. Addison
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennistaylor View Post
Why is City Hall not appearing in the diagrams of tall buildings in Philadelphia?
It's well over 500 feet.

It's listed in the Philadelphia Timeline Diagram .
Spire @ 167 meters . I ran out of fingers so , I think that makes it about
543' tall ....... Don't ask me what happened to the other five feet .
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7688  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 9:34 PM
aro1419's Avatar
aro1419 aro1419 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitaintso View Post
Hmm I live on the 1900 block and I've seen nothing? Not even dumpsters do you know which building, north or south side of sreet
I believe that the press has been entirely mistaken with the location of the new Roost Hotel. While they've been mysterious about the location (only referring to the new hotel as Roost Rittenhouse on their website), the hotel mentioned in a comment on one of their pictures on instagram that the new hotel is across from Boyd's, which would put in on the 1800, not 1900 block of Chestnut St. The building that comes to mind is the old Belgravia Hotel, the redevelopment of which I vaguely remember reading about a while back.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7689  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 10:56 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennistaylor View Post
Why is City Hall not appearing in the diagrams of tall buildings in Philadelphia?
It's well over 500 feet.
Evo isn't either, which is 430 feet tall. Or 1706 Rittenhouse which is 400 feet tall.

PS - welcome to the forum!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7690  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 10:58 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Logan Square Four Seasons to reopen as high-end Hilton brand

Quote:
The Logan Square Four Seasons closed this weekend and will reopen as a high-end Hilton brand.

The Four Seasons at One Logan Square will undergo renovations this summer and will reopen as the Logan this fall as part of Curio — A Collection by Hilton. (Check out the gallery for renderings.)

"It's more of an independent brand backed up by the Hilton system," said Kate Davis, spokeswoman for management company Sage Hospitality. "Although it's a Curio, the Logan will function as an independent hotel. We want it to be unique to Philadelphia."

With only 13 locations worldwide, the Logan will be the 11th Curio in the United States.

Sage is pushing for the Logan name to come through and it will be occasionally referenced as Hilton or Curio, she said.

The Four Seasons will relocate to the top floors of the Comcast Innovation and Technology Center, which is soon to be the city's tallest skyscraper at 59 stories. It's expected to open in 2018.

Davis said the company did it's best to retain as much of the Four Seasons staff. No figures were released, but a number of employees will be transferred to the Four Seasons at the second Comcast tower. The remaining will stay at the Logan.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/...our-seasons-hilton-curio-collection.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7691  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 11:07 PM
shadowbat2 shadowbat2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 901
Buyers snap up 2 Center City residential buildings

Quote:
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 11:43 AM

Washington-based developer MRP Residential and Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers, an investment firm in Hartford, Conn., have purchased a pair of Center City residential buildings that they plan to renovate.

The partnership closed Tuesday on 400 Walnut St., with 67 units and 5,000 square feet of retail, and 1930 Chestnut St., with 144 units and 5,000 square feet of retail, the companies said in a release. - Jacob Adelman
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/business/re...ntial_buildings.html#ifcpFzHURWiQCxPJ.99
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7692  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 11:14 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbat2 View Post
Buyers snap up 2 Center City residential buildings


Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/business/re...ntial_buildings.html#ifcpFzHURWiQCxPJ.99
Since they bought 1930 Chestnut, I hope they develop the parking lot which wraps around the building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7693  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 11:17 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
American Water Works could get $164 million to relocate to Camden

Quote:
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority voted Tuesday to give American Water Works Co. $164 million in tax credits to relocate to Camden.

The next step needed is a commitment from American Water (NYSE: AWK) to move.

If American Water leaves its Voorhees, N.J. headquarters for Pennsylvania, then New Jersey will lose about 600 jobs on top of hundreds of potential new jobs that would go into constructing American Water's new campus.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/...works-nj-camden-tax-credit-approved.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7694  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 11:25 PM
shadowbat2 shadowbat2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 901
Quote:
Since they bought 1930 Chestnut, I hope they develop the parking lot which wraps around the building.
^would hope so!
IIRC 1930 Chestnut was renovated about a decade ago, (offices to apartments) so it's nice that they are investing further.

MRP is also the one renovating the building at Broad and Chestnut....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7695  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 3:05 AM
FiggyOlive FiggyOlive is offline
Closed account
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 26
Foster Penn Hospital Tower

just got back from the Norman Foster talk. His theme for the talk was "inspiration." As hoped, he did mention the Penn Hospital Tower and quickly showed two images. He referred to it as the 'Patient Pavilion' - we'll see if that nomenclature sticks.

As mentioned previously, the renderings show a curved building. It looks like he will continue to push the curved glass envelope as he has done with Apple commissions. All I can say is the glass plates were GORGEOUS and HUGE.

So where does inspiration come in? The talk pointed out the similarities between his work and those who have come before him, including "Bob Stern's" original Comcast tower. He then showed us an image of the very rotunda we were sitting in. The grand rotunda you all know from the Penn Museum houses a grand lecture hall. Turns out this was this inspiration for the new Patient Pavilion. Google Image Search: Penn Tower. The seventh photo shows you the rotunda in relation to the site. Now imagine that rotunda mirrored right next to it but in all glass. And taller.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7696  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 10:24 AM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Logan Square Four Seasons to reopen as high-end Hilton brand



http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/...our-seasons-hilton-curio-collection.html
Interesting. With this and the takeover of the Hyatt at Penn's Landing, Hilton is betting on and expanding its footprint in Philly. Happy that they will open a rooftop lounge. That's one thing I've really felt has been lacking when I moved back from New York and Chicago in 2012. Now they are starting to spring up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7697  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 12:05 PM
1487 1487 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by aro1419 View Post
I believe that the press has been entirely mistaken with the location of the new Roost Hotel. While they've been mysterious about the location (only referring to the new hotel as Roost Rittenhouse on their website), the hotel mentioned in a comment on one of their pictures on instagram that the new hotel is across from Boyd's, which would put in on the 1800, not 1900 block of Chestnut St. The building that comes to mind is the old Belgravia Hotel, the redevelopment of which I vaguely remember reading about a while back.
The hotel is in 1800 block, not 1900 block. And its not the belgravia building, its to the west of that building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7698  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 1:18 PM
allovertown allovertown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Since they bought 1930 Chestnut, I hope they develop the parking lot which wraps around the building.
Doesn't Pearl own the parking lot? I thought a map of the block released for their boyd development indicated that they own the parking lot, or do they just own the part of it that directly abuts the rear of the boyd theater fronting sansom?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7699  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 2:39 PM
joemustardo joemustardo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Interesting. With this and the takeover of the Hyatt at Penn's Landing, Hilton is betting on and expanding its footprint in Philly. Happy that they will open a rooftop lounge. That's one thing I've really felt has been lacking when I moved back from New York and Chicago in 2012. Now they are starting to spring up.
I know, it's great! But I was kind of hoping for a JW Marriott. The fact that Indianapolis has one before us to me is sad. DOn't get me wrong, Indianapolis is a great city but I think Philadelphia has a much larger economic impact and JW should she Philly as a good city to invest a new project into. But maybe this is for the best. The JW Indy is over 300 ft so hopefully, the can maybe build a JW that is in the 500-600 or even 700 foot range.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7700  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 2:43 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Doesn't Pearl own the parking lot? I thought a map of the block released for their boyd development indicated that they own the parking lot, or do they just own the part of it that directly abuts the rear of the boyd theater fronting sansom?
I think just the portion of it that abuts the Boyd.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:36 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.