HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction


Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 4:06 PM
Vertical_Gotham's Avatar
Vertical_Gotham Vertical_Gotham is offline
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 300
• Video Link


I know the new design will illicit initial negative responses and it has, only because we Foster’s Design so embedded in our minds. But in time, if you can be open minded and let the new look marinate a bit, I am confident the design will be widely accepted.

If anyone knows me, they know how I feel strongly about Foster’s design. It’s Iconic and ever since they revealed Foster’s design long long time ago, it has been etched permanently in my memory anticipating it will arise one day. Believe me when I say I'm disappointed that I may never see those diamond in our skyline, especially at the WTC site.

The only way, I would like whatever Bjarke comes up with for me, it would have to be interesting and surprisingly, I think he did it!!! Bravo.

While, it is not Iconic, it doesn’t have to be. It will be a great addition to the WTC and it’s definitely interesting & radical enough that it will draw even more interest to the site. It definitely is not boring.

I have to say, I am surprised how soon Bjarke came up with the design and that suggested that this has been in the works for some time and he obviously wowed Murdock enough for Newscorp to sign a non binding LOI. Can you blame Murdock?? The tower looks like a great atmosphere to set roots for your employees.

At every perspective, there is something interesting to look at the tower. From the East, you sort of have a twisted stacks and the wedding cake look from the North.

West is what I’m really ecstatic about. IMO, It is conservative and respectful facing the memorial but it has an interesting reverse set back as the tower rises, which I really dig. Lol. (If there is such a term)


West facing memorial side

From afar looking from the Hudson, because of the conservative side… it give the illusion kind of like it’s a twin to tower 1 but with no spire from afar which is not a bad thing.



Anyway, looking forward for new details.

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; Jun 9, 2015 at 4:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.