Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjalby
Here is my garbage response:
People keep saying how San Francisco and New York do things and if we eliminate parking that would be amazing because we would be just like them.
You are comparing the first and second densely populated cities with Los Angeles which was intentionally built as a low density city. Google Prop U. San Francisco has 17,000 people per square mile and is the size of DTLA as a whole. New York has 27,000 per square mile. Los Angeles has a density of 8,200 people per square mile with a much worse public transportation system than either of these two cities.
So is Disney Hall really comparable to Louis Davis Hall in San Francisco?? That's one of the most hilarious things I have ever heard. Louis Davis Hall has about 300-400,000 people within walking distance. Disney has about 40,000 in walking distance. And when it was built that number was about 20,000 in walking distance.
As I keep linking, look at the development map and see how many fully used surface lots are being turned into residential projects. Even the ones that don't have a project planned are up for sale, including the ones the this Shoup says will never be developed.
You can't tell me that this multistory parking lot, which I look at from my window, will not be used.
But hey, maybe if we don't build it, the 500,000 people who commute into DTLA each day will magically all move down here and solve all problems.
|
Wow you kept your word on a garbage response, even though I wasn't directly responding to you but just in general.
I'm actually guessing it is suppose to be sarcastic response....because I never mentioned or compared LA to any other city. I try to avoid city vs. city situations. Not good for the thread. I never compared Disney hall to any other music halls either so I'm confused to how your response had anything to do with me actually?? Kinda like "I don't know what to say so let me pull anything out of my A$$ to respond" trick...
kind of a douche move actually..... Like those people who always post pictures of celebrities on social media as if they hang out with them regularly but they look out of place.... or when they asked a celebrity to marry them and got turned down but no one cares or asked..... or a "doctor" breaking every hippa law violation by posting one of their young clients on social media and claimed it was because you want to use it to pick up chicks......right

I thought douche driven people and responses were extinct by now. guess I was wrong