HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2721  
Old Posted May 13, 2015, 4:59 PM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
I'm assuming that the decision makers with the ORC are among the best informed as to weekly progress on the CCH. Hence, they're probably a lot less stressed than us, knowing that it's moving along at an appropriate pace.




Very much agree, probably more than one tower. That whole block has so much additional potential.




I second Jedi's nomination. Jubguy's post has to be one of my favorites in a long while. I still look back at it and get a laugh.
Aww thx
     
     
  #2722  
Old Posted May 13, 2015, 6:18 PM
msbutah's Avatar
msbutah msbutah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 140
Took some test shots off my new camera from the Wells Fargo roof. Thought y'all would like to see. They're in an Imgur album. Took a special photo of the Carl's Jr for jedikermit.
     
     
  #2723  
Old Posted May 13, 2015, 7:02 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,107
Delts,

OR has stated they desire both more exhibit floor space and more hotel rooms to stay in Salt Lake City.

They did have a meeting and prioritized the need of a CCH (1000+ room hotel) as the priority. They would be happy with this for 3 to 5 years due to the extra meeting space included in the CCH.

After the CCH, they will do a push for more exhibit space.

OR is contracted to be in SLC through the summer of 2016. This was done with the understanding that a CCH would be coming soon.

As long as the CCH is progressing and substantial work occurs in 2016, I would expect they would stay.

I would hope that if Omni ran into issues of any sorts, they would reach out to people here, be it SLC, SL County, the State or anyone with a vested interest in the CCH occuring quickly. There are option that can be provided to help the process along and to speed it up if needed.

Like I mentioned, land owned by the County could probably be provided for almost nothing to speed it along. Saving Omni between $20 and $30 Million in land acquisition costs.

I think it is always better to be communicative rather than turn off communication with the partners in the project of with both SLC and SL County are.
     
     
  #2724  
Old Posted May 13, 2015, 8:55 PM
H4vok's Avatar
H4vok H4vok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Heber City, UT
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbutah View Post
Took some test shots off my new camera from the Wells Fargo roof. Thought y'all would like to see. They're in an Imgur album. Took a special photo of the Carl's Jr for jedikermit.
Nice pictures! On the image with the Carls Jr, it looks like they are setting up one of those test walls for the cladding. It's on the bottom left part of the image...someone should go take a pic!
     
     
  #2725  
Old Posted May 14, 2015, 12:02 AM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
asies1981, I will be the first to admit that city and/or general local government bureaucracy can be a huge impediment to growth and development, in this case, I think the city has not been the issue. In talks with city representatives on the selection committee, Omni has canceled meetings and refuses to reschedule them. At this point, we are just waiting to hear back from them.

The library looks great thus far. I know the townhomes are progressing through the approval process. I have yet to see anything about further development on the block. I like Clearwater Homes and think they have done a great job with the projects they have completed in SLC. I'm excited to see these projects move forward.
I have found that Salt Lake bureaucracy is comparatively pretty efficient. I think people forget that some things take time. I too am optimistic that Clearwater will build something good in Marmalade.
     
     
  #2726  
Old Posted May 14, 2015, 12:04 AM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
     
     
  #2727  
Old Posted May 14, 2015, 10:19 PM
Ironweed Ironweed is offline
Ironweed
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 571
Cch

Makid,

You had spoken about the RFP. In looking at what was required, it appeared to me to be extremely unreasonable.

What chance do we have in seeing a new RFP?
     
     
  #2728  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 12:42 AM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
     
     
  #2729  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 2:17 AM
linguisize's Avatar
linguisize linguisize is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 171
Oh thank god! Or..thank the planning commission! Rather; thanks Mary J. Woodhead! I was walking around 9th and 9th last weekend and that parking lot was 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 me off. Especially since I knew what was supposed to be there.

Last edited by linguisize; May 15, 2015 at 2:41 AM.
     
     
  #2730  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 4:01 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
Makid,

You had spoken about the RFP. In looking at what was required, it appeared to me to be extremely unreasonable.

What chance do we have in seeing a new RFP?
I wouldn't expect an additional RFP until Omni is in breach of the existing contract.

That may be when the time line is closer to them presenting information to the stake holders. I don't know when that date is though. I would expect it to be sometime this summer.

If there is a breach, then I would expect that there would be a rush on a new RFP. We are probably 4 months or so out before this situation becomes an issue I would think.
     
     
  #2731  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 8:29 PM
Marvland's Avatar
Marvland Marvland is offline
SLC Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Fairpark
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
If there is a breach, then I would expect that there would be a rush on a new RFP. We are probably 4 months or so out before this situation becomes an issue I would think.
I would think that if Omni didn't like major aspects of the RFP, they could petition for adjusted terms. The new terms would then go out for RFP and Omni could then "win again". I've seen crazier stuff happen.
     
     
  #2732  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 8:53 PM
H4vok's Avatar
H4vok H4vok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Heber City, UT
Posts: 336
Liberty Blvd Cowboy Partners - This RFP just came out.



     
     
  #2733  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 9:28 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
I would think that if Omni didn't like major aspects of the RFP, they could petition for adjusted terms. The new terms would then go out for RFP and Omni could then "win again". I've seen crazier stuff happen.
The RFP is just for proposals. As it was accepted, the contract was issued, adjusted, approved and signed.

We are in the execution of the contract now from my understanding. If there are changes to be made to the contract terms, they would just need to ask and then a meeting could occur.

The contract at this point is pretty general though. It would be about the public subsidy, meeting/exhibit space size and meeting/exhibit space control, minimum number of hotel rooms to be included and the max distance from the convention center for the hotel (all of which was in the RFP).

They should be wrapping up the site acquisition and then working on the design and plans based on the location. They can acquire as many or as few parcels as they want.

This is why I am thinking that only a breach of the contract will force a re-issue and modification of the RFP.
     
     
  #2734  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 11:58 PM
Ironweed Ironweed is offline
Ironweed
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 571
Thank you for the information. Do you, or does anyone else have an idea why Omni walked away from discussions?
     
     
  #2735  
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 11:59 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by linguisize View Post
Oh thank god! Or..thank the planning commission! Rather; thanks Mary J. Woodhead! I was walking around 9th and 9th last weekend and that parking lot was 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 me off. Especially since I knew what was supposed to be there.
Ditto to that. That's going to be an attractive and much needed project for that growing village. It needed something like this.

Thanks Isaac for following that story for us. It's so cool being able to keep up with these type projects. You are a big part of making this forum very enjoyable.


http://www.slcitynews.com/9th-and-9th-project-survives-second-visit-to-planning-commission/
     
     
  #2736  
Old Posted May 16, 2015, 3:28 AM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
Thank you for the information. Do you, or does anyone else have an idea why Omni walked away from discussions?
I am not sure anyone knows. All of the people I know that were talking with Omni haven't heard anything from them. That is the same thing that UTPlanner has provided with the people he knows.

I would like to think that there are discussions happening with the higher ups but I am not sure if this is happening or not.

Only time will tell if things are progressing as they should or not. I am however hopeful that things are progressing as well as hopeful that we will hear something in the very near future.
     
     
  #2737  
Old Posted May 16, 2015, 5:26 AM
AllOutOfBubbleGum's Avatar
AllOutOfBubbleGum AllOutOfBubbleGum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: West Jordan
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
I am not sure anyone knows. All of the people I know that were talking with Omni haven't heard anything from them. That is the same thing that UTPlanner has provided with the people he knows.

I would like to think that there are discussions happening with the higher ups but I am not sure if this is happening or not.

Only time will tell if things are progressing as they should or not. I am however hopeful that things are progressing as well as hopeful that we will hear something in the very near future.
Maybe this is why having only one bid was a mistake. Omni has no challengers and they can be loosey goosey on this project compared to having some competition to make them kiss up to the city.
__________________
"Oh, now we see the violence in the system"
     
     
  #2738  
Old Posted May 16, 2015, 11:38 AM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutOfBubbleGum View Post
Maybe this is why having only one bid was a mistake. Omni has no challengers and they can be loosey goosey on this project compared to having some competition to make them kiss up to the city.
Once an RFP is accepted, there are no other challengers or competition. As the contract is in place, they are locked into the project.

Omni has stated their time line of construction starting towards the end of this year and the Hotel opening in 2017.

This is why I say we should know more towards the end of summer as there are items that must happen before construction can begin and they have a set time limit themselves.
     
     
  #2739  
Old Posted May 16, 2015, 11:13 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,732
Prison Relocation - The Final Five



Salt Lake County
I-80 / 7200 West, located west of the Salt Lake City International Airport

Tooele County
SR 112/Depot Boundary Road, located near the Miller Motor Sports Park between the cities of Tooele and Grantsville
SR 138 Industrial Site, located near the Walmart Distribution Center on the west side of SR 138 in Grantsville

Utah County
Cedar Valley South, located southwest of the town boundary of Fairfield along SR 73
Lake Mountains West, located at the southernmost part of Eagle Mountain City



PROVO — The Utah Prison Relocation pageant judges are down to the last five finalists, although this is one contest few, if any, want to win.

In what has become a two-year process, the state-legislated Prison Relocation Commission will present the final proposed sites for a new prison campus and its findings at three open house events, one for each possible prison host county.

"The legislation that was passed the last session requires that one of those five sites, [PRC] can only recommend one of those five sites to the legislature by Aug. 1," said Brian J. Bean, a policy analyst and general counsel.

Sen. Jerry Stevenson, R-Layton, the PRC co-chair, said during an interview that the commission's members, its staff and consultants have been on a fact-finding mission for the five remaining sites.

Read More: http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/pu...c71a08a-6c4e-5ae5-88e6-80ca66a89ea2.html


.
     
     
  #2740  
Old Posted May 17, 2015, 8:25 PM
Atlas's Avatar
Atlas Atlas is online now
Space Magi
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,006
How about we save millions of dollars and keep the prison where it is? In any case, don't put it in Salt Lake City.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:50 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.