Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmTucker
I imagine it will just be a long term land lease.
|
What is the value of a 50 or 99 year lease for a $200M piece of land?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz
The major roadways need to be moved anyway if the West Village plan goes ahead, so I think that one is a wash.
|
How can you call it a wash without understanding the details IE extent of changes required for a combined arena, stadium and field house will be massive and far greater than for west village. Also, the opportunity cost is even more massive. What is the lost value, direct and otherwise, of losing out on the West Village development intensity, including residential density, arts and culture density, and associated taxes? We can't "grow" another West Village like piece of land and double decker our core. You can't treat this like lack of business sense healthcare decision making (IE it is better so spend the money, who cares how much).
Now all the above being said, I do like that this is a combined multi-use project, and I fully agree there is value for the city. So let's see all the details so we can comment on substance. I've extremely excited to see the proposal, and can think of numerous things the city and its people could do with a facility like this, which are not possible for us to this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riise
I have to agree, to an extent, with Suburbia. If their development has an impact on local infrastructure, shouldn't they be assessed an Impact Fee to cover the extent of their impact? Further to this point, the reclamation of the land is a bit of a wash because their development will probably occupy most of the land no?
|
You're a good man (or woman) ... (or other).